• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Gen4 Deliverys?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Kinda like Yamaha's . . . "look how much snow the Polaris carries" propaganda video? lol :)

Actually that one was pretty well backed up by our FIRST HAND experience in testing last year at SnoWest. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Solution for ALL the sleds is to TREAT the tunnel so no snow adheres and to open up the boards for MAX snow pass through.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Actually that one was pretty well backed up by our FIRST HAND experience in testing last year at SnoWest. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Solution for ALL the sleds is to TREAT the tunnel so no snow adheres and to open up the boards for MAX snow pass through.

No bubble burst here :)

No one in their right mind believed Polaris gained 94# of weight. That's almost 12 gallons of water. (thats a small pickup truck bed full of powder snow melted down). .hahaha. On a deep pow day, my AXYS melted off in the garage and it maybe had 1-2 gallons of water.

Painted tunnel and boards are definitely a good idea . . .that we can agree on :)

C
Feb 3, 2016
Alaska

No one in their right mind believed Polaris gained 94# of weight. That's almost 12 gallons of water. (thats a small pickup truck bed full of powder snow melted down). .hahaha. On a deep pow day, my AXYS melted off in the garage and it maybe had 1-2 gallons of water.

Painted tunnel and boards are definitely a good idea . . .that we can agree on :)

Not disagreeing with you but when the snow melts on the heat exchangers, then goes on either side of the cold tunnel it turns to ice, which is quite a bit heavier than snow and water

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Not disagreeing with you but when the snow melts on the heat exchangers, then goes on either side of the cold tunnel it turns to ice, which is quite a bit heavier than snow and water

Psssttt.....
Just so you know.....
Snow, water, and ice all have the same chemical makeup.....
"They weigh exactly the same"

I try to help wherever i can....

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Psssttt.....
Just so you know.....
Snow, water, and ice all have the same chemical makeup.....
"They weigh exactly the same"

I try to help wherever i can....

This has gone way off track.. but in any case, density is what makes the difference here. At -30, snow is practically weightless. However if you compact that same snow on and around a rad and then freeze it.. It will add much more weight in no time, versus a sled without a rad.... Obviously.

That being said, the video was a little ridiculous. It was just as well if they built a snowman and placed it on the seat of the other sleds and added it to the overall weight.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
So the NASA scientists in Thief River Falls can't figure out how to make their own clutches work on a M after decades, but they can design skids, boards, and tunnels that can magically make snow disappear? Even with the help of the English speakers in Minocqua who couldn't shave more than 10lbs of metal and plastic from a 700lb Nytro in five years of trying? Fairy dust, unicorns, and the power of marketing.

I

Impatientforsnow

Nov 29, 2007
Gods Country

Once again THIS POST is about DELIVERY DATES!! But Thanks for ranting about nothing this Post has to Doo with!! its amazing on how many Polaris riders are Insecure and always make stupid *** posts on the Doo sites!! get a life dude!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Its August.
Every thread on SnoWest is going to WANDER off topic this time of the year.
Its just part of all of us being BORED out of our minds waiting for the summer to END and Fall to begin.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
ROFL. 20 years ago working at a Honda dealership in AK, we had a remote customer ask if we could take the air out of a set of ATV tires to lighten them up and reduce shipping costs. I told him that we would install "shipping air" to keep them light for him.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
In the past when Doo has had new releases, they came late. I highly doubt that they would make that mistake now. Just in case, I am going to keep one of my 16 sleds in case the snow flies early or the sleds come late...

Premium Features