• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Viper or Sidewinder

R
Oct 17, 2008
Williams Lake B.C.
Hey guys I have an opportunity to step into a '15 190hp MPI Viper with 1100 km for about 10 g's it is very clean and has Simmons skis and a few other goodies my questions are did the 15's have any soft rod/engine issues like the 16's are having or any other driveline related issues like the 1100 cat had (bending breaking jack shafts, chaincase/chain alignment issues), I know the Yamaha motor is mounted differently, or should a guy bite the bullet and just go sidewinder but up here in Canada that will be about 20 g's after taxes any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated and if the Vipers have any other issues it would be great if you could shed light on that also, thanks.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Run the viper. The 15s didn't have the issues that the 2016 run did. The sidewinder is nice...but it's also 44 pounds heavier according to one review I read on it. As far as the viper goes, swap the front spring in the skid to a 160 or 180lb spring from zbros and ride it. Mine has been turn key and loads of fun.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Premium Features