• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowest weighs g4 and poo

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Check out the overall length of the Summit 850 165 (140") and the Summit 174 (140.9"). The extra track length doesn't change much in terms of it "sitting further back". I'd say it's a pretty fair comparison.

Edit:
I just checked the Polaris, it sits at 142" overall.

Overall. So ski tip to rear bumper? If that's the case that doesn't mean much. Some of these sleds have more tunnel and bumper length behind the track then the others

J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven
Yeah, I was going with ski tips to bumper, it's hard to find a published number for ski tips to end of skid, or track, or tip of paddle. As long as the number is to the bumper and not the tip of the flap then I bet they are close enough to say that the 165" skid is further back in the G4 chassis than it is in the XM chassis.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Check out the overall length of the Summit 850 165 (140") and the Summit 174 (140.9"). The extra track length doesn't change much in terms of it "sitting further back". I'd say it's a pretty fair comparison.

Edit:
I just checked the Polaris, it sits at 142" overall.

I dont know even where to start to answer this reasoning.

Last edited:
I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
Snowest made the comment that the 16x165 and the 15x174 made the same foot print. I'm no engineer, but I don't think this works that way, especially if the lugs on the 16" track only measure 15" from side to side. So do the Poo lugs only measure 14" side to side? I've never heard of it being brought up before. Like everyone else, I'm surprised that they would even bother to publish a comparison, given the fact that we as viewers are so critical and and starved for a comparison...

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I think they should have compared the 165 and 163. I realize the surface area is different, but in that case why havent we been comparing 146s to 155s and 154s to 163s since 2008. I also think they should be weighed with equal amounts of fuel, reguardless of fuel tank size. Coolant and oil should be topped off. JMO

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
I think they should have compared the 165 and 163. I realize the surface area is different, but in that case why havent we been comparing 146s to 155s and 154s to 163s since 2008. I also think they should be weighed with equal amounts of fuel, reguardless of fuel tank size. Coolant and oil should be topped off. JMO

Nope, in DooTard world, that doesn't matter anymore. There's major high fiving goin on in Doo camp about the giant weight loss they achieved this year. LOL. And just imagine, they paid engineers to accomplish that amazing feat . :). I heard Poo was gonna steal that design engineer so next year they could create a smaller fuel tank and achieve that weight loss. It'll be "game changing".

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Nope, in DooTard world, that doesn't matter anymore. There's major high fiving goin on in Doo camp about the giant weight loss they achieved this year. LOL. And just imagine, they paid engineers to accomplish that amazing feat . :). I heard Poo was gonna steal that design engineer so next year they could create a smaller fuel tank and achieve that weight loss. It'll be "game changing".

The Doo engineers in a promo video said the new clutch is maintenance free so I snow checked 3. :face-icon-small-dis

DPG

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho

Now wonder the doo doo guys are always crowing "wet weight, wet weight" since thats the only way they can get the chubby girl to look slender :) Only way to fairly weigh the MACHINE is to weigh them dry or with equal amounts of fuel, oil, and other fluids. But something tells me this is not the last we will hear about this :)

Carry on . . . .

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Now wonder the doo doo guys are always crowing "wet weight, wet weight" since thats the only way they can get the chubby girl to look slender :) Only way to fairly weigh the MACHINE is to weigh them dry or with equal amounts of fuel, oil, and other fluids. But something tells me this is not the last we will hear about this :)

Carry on . . . .

By all means.....if you ride your sled dry, weigh it dry.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
Silly boys. Norona said the DOO G4 165 out climbed the Doo XM 174 he never said anything about it out climbing the Poo 174.

The added length will help keep the skis down.

I would take more information about the weight portion of this article than I would from the climbing abilities of the sleds.

174 vs 174
165 vs 163

In fact it is kinda funny people are comparing the 165 G4 to other 174s this just shows the G4 174 will be a beast next year

snosumitcsr

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trout Lake Washington
all you poo guys are so afraid of the new ski doo. they lost 25 pounds making them closer in weight to the pol, great job doo, why not cheer for that. if the axys is still better than great! I own 2 pro's and like them a lot, however I would like to try a new 850 and give it a shakedown. if its a great sled than so be it, and owning one might be sweet. maybe i'll buy a axys and a new 850 in 2018, sell the pro's and have two great sleds.

how about we wait till next year and see how they all pan out and stop the back and forth about who's the biggest dumb *** on the internet! I CLEARLY am way out in front of the rest of you, so you all are fighting for SECOND!!!

Premium Features