• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handle bar forward mount

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Lots of people have.

All of their sleds handle like crap IMO.

You just trying to get your weight/body more forward? You can get some bars with less sweep to them and then it wouldn't mess with the swing angle. That alone moves your hand position forward. I do agree, the m series bars have way too much back sweep. I bought some procross bars from RSI that are a lot flatter and I really like them.

Moving bars forward on vertical steering posts makes them handle like a skidoo.

If you don't do a lot of countersteering it's not that big of a deal.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Myself and a few friends w M's found if we shim at the tank with some aluminum flat bar 3/8 to 1/2 along with a Rox riser we can get the bars forward enough to be happy.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Myself and a few friends w M's fount if we shim at the tank with some aluminum flat bar 3/8 to 1/2 along with a Rox riser we can get the bars forward enough to be happy.

This is definitely the best way to do it in my opinion. I did something similar to move the post forward.

K

K2

Dec 5, 2011
Anchorage AK
This is definitely the best way to do it in my opinion. I did something similar to move the post forward.

Lemme guess; two 10mm headset spacers at the rear with two 5's at the front ?

:face-icon-small-win

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Lemme guess; two 10mm headset spacers at the rear with two 5's at the front ?

:face-icon-small-win

Haha no......but should have.....would have been easy with as many of those things as I have.

I just got some bigazz washers from the hardware store and stacked them up.

Premium Features