• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

>>>>> OFFICIAL SKI-DOO 2017 SUMMIT REVEAL ((Full Details & Photos))

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I'd not be worried about a hole in the cooler... drain the coolant... dry/clean/abrade the area around it and use acrylic adhesive to bond on a small patch...refill/burp... done.

Looks like a really efficient design that will, no doubt, shed a lot of snow!

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Engine technology they are introducing is pretty astounding. Amazing progress. Just as surprising - I would expect a major jump in price, like the Axys over the Pro, but it didn't happen.

Doo will likely offer an early release 175ish in 18. They are sitting back and watching market reactions right now. Nice job guys. Forget about looks, if it works as advertised, gonna sell a ton of these the next three years. No way cat can compete with this motor tech, and we know what Poo offers now.

Anyone know if they pushed this project ahead one year to counter the Axys? Guessing the short tunnel and longer front end was clearly influenced by the Poo, but the motor tech was long in the making.

Was told they had things ready to last year, but pulled a week or 2 ahead of dealer meeting. To bring it out this year.

For what is worth.

Snow4life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2012
Aberdeen, South Dakota
Man I love the looks of that white and orange. But after having my light gray and white freeride (2014) and seeing how dirty that gets, I'd be nervous to see what that white tunnel and white side panels would look like after a few rides. And it looks like the white side panels have that rougher texture to it. My gray tunnel and white skid plate is so dirty and a task to clean.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
Engine technology they are introducing is pretty astounding. Amazing progress. Just as surprising - I would expect a major jump in price, like the Axys over the Pro, but it didn't happen.

Doo will likely offer an early release 175ish in 18. They are sitting back and watching market reactions right now. Nice job guys. Forget about looks, if it works as advertised, gonna sell a ton of these the next three years. No way cat can compete with this motor tech, and we know what Poo offers now.

Anyone know if they pushed this project ahead one year to counter the Axys? Guessing the short tunnel and longer front end was clearly influenced by the Poo, but the motor tech was long in the making.

To be honest with you I don't think any of this was influenced by the axys chassis other than the slimmer plastics which actually came from the old Pro. Doo didn't engineer any part of this sled in one year(the time they had to see the AXYS) this sled was redesigned from ground up in conjunction with the motor probably starting back in 2010 or sooner.

T

tkuss

Dec 12, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Man I am impressed with the new Doo's. I believe somewhere on this site, I predicted there would be minor changes to the XM chassis, I couldnt of been more wrong. Blown away they came out with a new chassis and and new engine this year. More power, lighter weight and im glad they narrowed up the body a bit, (axys still looks quite a bit narrower to me though, could be the bit wider ski stance), and im glad they raised up the boards a bit higher in the rear as I think this woulda made a noticeable positive difference in handling and traction just on the XM. Not to mention an all new engine which more or less addressed most people "issues" with Doo engines for long term durability. Alot of new parts and designs on the 2017 for sure. Would love to ride one next year, but im enjoying my pull and go 2016 T-3 to much to take a 4,000$ hit this year to upgrade to a first year model. But I will be on here alot next year seeing how you guys like the sled and if there are any kinks that need to be worked out of it....

Interested to now start hearing some ride reports from non sponsored riders.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Not a significant one, but where is the 6lbs difference between an X and SP? Outside of the boards and colors, is there any other differences between the X and SP? I guess shocks, anything else? The 6lbs difference is intriguing, just super curious where it comes from?????

Typically that difference has been with the shocks and chromoly vs steel suspension parts, mostly A arms.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Some BEHIND the scenes photos from last night from our friends at MOUNTAIN SLEDDER MAGAZINE.
http://sleddermag.com/behind-the-scenes-ski-doo-club-2017-showroom/

Behind the Scenes: Ski-Doo Club 2017 Showroom

IMG_0545-a-700x325.jpg

The Ski-Doo Club 2017 Showroom reveal of the new BRP lineup happened last night, and 3000 lucky dealers and industry people got to see all the new sleds and gear firsthand in Dallas, Texas.

For mountain riders the reveal was huge, with a ground-up redesign of the 2017 Summit model including a totally new REV Gen4 chassis, 850cc powerplant and many more upgrades.
For those of us that couldn’t be there to see firsthand, here are a bunch of behind the scenes photo of the event and machines, courtesy of Motor Tech Enterprises in Golden, BC.

Here we go, in no particular order!
IMG_0521-a.jpg

Here it is, the 2017 Summit X 850 E-TEC. Totally new design, new aggressive styling with a throwback to yesteryear. Gone are the flowing lines of the REV XM, for a meaner, tighter look.

whaleshark.jpg

Kinda like this bad boy coming atcha!

IMG_0515-a-300x300.jpg

New RAS 3 front suspension is basically an upgraded version of the RAS 2 that is designed to work with the REV Gen4 chassis. The skis are unchanged Pilot DS-3 from 2016.

IMG_0518-a.jpg

Here is the pDrive, BRP’s new drive clutch! They claim that it is maintenance-free! The old TRA-VII slider buttons are replaced with roller bearings for less resistance and faster response, along with other changes.

IMG_0522-a.jpg

The 174″ Summit T3 is unchanged for 2017. It takes awhile to configure every model to a new chassis, and we suspect that BRP likes to dole out the new technology rather than blow it all on the entire lineup in one year.

IMG_0524-a.jpg

The REV Gen4 has a new cooling tray that does away with external cooling fins. It has shown to be significantly better at cooling the engine. A new track with a 3.5″ pitch (not to be confused with lug size) saves 10lbs of weight with lighter and stiff lugs. The track is available in 2.5″ and 3.0″ lug specification.

IMG_0525-a.jpg

Big surprise! It was dude soup hanging around the new Summit, hoping for a chance to talk shop with Carl Kuster.

IMG_0526-a.jpg

The new 850 E-TEC pumps out 165hp, which is 10hp more than the 800 E-TEC. The 2nd generation direction injection engine was designed to be 30% more responsive that its predecessor.

IMG_0527-a.jpg

Here is the superstructure of the REV Gen4. The biggest change is the placement of the new engine, which is more centralized for better maneuverability. The engine is placed farther back in the chassis and is centred laterally. A new tunnel has beveled edges that, along with a smaller seat, narrows the chassis between the rider’s legs.

IMG_0529-a.jpg

The S-Module has been strengthened, and new RAS 3 geometry gives the Summit a higher ride to help the sled get up on top of the snow better.

IMG_0530-a.jpg

A new 2-piece forged crank should improve durability in the bottom end. There is also a new delivery mechanism that puts oil directly to the crank bearings, which reduces consumption significantly.

IMG_0531-a.jpg

With a more narrow body and “powderdynamic” body panels, a few things had to change in order to get the powerplant centred in the chassis. The oil reservoir now lives on the clutch side apparently.

IMG_0532-a-1024x768.jpg

The top of the tunnel has a new look along with the changed cooling tray beneath.

IMG_0533-a.jpg

Another angle of the REV Gen4 superstructure.

IMG_0534-a.jpg

Motor Tech Ent wasn’t the only dealership taking a million pictures at the event!

IMG_0537-a.jpg

New body panels and a narrower platform should reduce paneling-out on steep sidehill maneuvers.

IMG_0538-a.jpg

The new spring-check only Summit X looks pretty good in black.

IMG_0539-a.jpg

The 2017 retains its 154″ track length, but the 163″ option has been replaced by a 165″ track.

IMG_0545-a-1024x768.jpg

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
I agree with an early post. Doo needs to make a quality shock package an option. I know they make the free ride but then you have to have the fatty and those hideous colours.

Premium Features