• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Blown Motor - WIN a FREE Reel Camera!?!

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012

Who needs a new POV Camera to shoot all of this fresh snow that we have gotten in February? And with that new camera, why wouldn't you need some new casual gear as well? You only need to do two things....

1. Visit BlownMotor.com and check out the new Reel Camera here --> http://tinyurl.com/REELPOV
2. Post your thoughts on this NEW Camera Company in this thread...

One lucky winner will be presented with over $400.00 in product from Blown Motor and Reel Cameras including; Reel Camera HD Slayer, Blown Motor T-Shirt, and Reel Camera Swag Pack.
*Random Drawing Held on 3/7/14 and all entries from Facebook, Instagram, and other Forums will be combined. One entry per platform, maximum of 7 entries.

#1 in Snowmobile Gear & Customer Satisfaction
www.BLOWNMOTOR.com

Montgom345

Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2008
Camera looks great. Love the idea of the LCD screen to view videos. Great Product

elkhunt

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2009
Prosser, Wa
Gota love the ability to view what you shot without having to sync to a phone or such, and gobs of storage!

I WANT ONE:face-icon-small-hap

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Very cool!

Like the idea of the inner changeable lens and it does have a ton of storage!

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Thanks for the responses fellas, I can answer 99% of technical questions so feel free to bounce them off of me if you feel the need. Glad to see the support!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
That's a good looking set-up. I like the screen.

This is all part of the start-up kit? COOL!!!

Included Accessories & Features:
  • WaterProof Housing: Every HD Slayer comes with a WaterProof Housing. The clear, durable, waterproof case will all you to film underwater up to 130 feet! Optical setting for underwater filming.
  • Built in LCD Screen: The HD Slayer has a built in 1.5" LCD screen, making it easy to see exactly what you are recording in live time.
  • Full HD Featuring:
    • 1080p-30fps
    • 720p-60fp
    • 8 MP Photos
    • 4x digital zoom
  • Easy Button System: Simple navigation and interface makes configuring and setup a breeze.
  • 64GB Storage Capacity: Two 32GB Micro DS slots, up to 64GM total storage. One 32GB included.
  • Exchangeable Lenses: Exchangeable lens allows you to adapt to the picture detail you want with 142-170 degree lenses. You can also easily replace a scratched lens.
  • Bright LED Light: Bright LED light for darker and low-light conditions. Easy to use with a push button feature.
  • Mounts & Accessories: Handle Bar mount, stick adhesive mount, and helmet mount are all included. Additional mounts and accessories are sold separately.

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
Must have pretty good battery life if its giving you a option to record 64gb of film!?

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Looks like an awesome camera! You can use different lenses?? That's sick!!! I'd love to try one!!

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Looks like an awesome camera! You can use different lenses?? That's sick!!! I'd love to try one!!

Yep, there are three lens widths to try out that you can purchase, pretty neat for sure!

Nice looking camera. Sure has some cool features. What about Time Lapse and Burst photos?

It really cool that these come from my home town!

Built in LCD Screen
4x digital zoom (that's cool)
64GB Storage Capacity. Bonus: One 32GB included
Exchangeable Lenses - I sometimes get tired of the fish eye look
Handle Bar mount included.

Wishes:

1080p-30fps (faster fps would be nice)
8 MP Photos (Higher resolution for better cropping)

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Interchangeable lenses are a must have, been a limiting factor in focus capability of competitive cameras.

HIDY

Premium Member
Sep 5, 2005
WASHINGTON
Way to think outside the box Reel. Looks like a sweet setup, and thanks BlownMotor for the chance to win it.

Last edited:
B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
For someone in the market for a new camera for next year, this is a real option. 3 years now on the Contour and it's time for an upgrade.

Likes-

-Interchangeable lenses is awesome, makes for more variables when shooting
-Huge storage capacity is also great. We ride 2-3 day trips and often don't have the computer along to pull the video off.
-Love having the built in LCD, makes aligning on the sled, on the helmet, on the bumper MUCH easier. Don't have to carry my phone, etc.
-Having an LED light just makes the options great for more versatile use in the summer and other activities.
- The standard mounting system, making it easy for more/other attachments.

Lingering questions-
-Most important is what the status of battery life, etc. Are they replaceable? Built in? This has such an effect on the cold weather months.
- Warranty?

Overall looks like a real (no pun intended) competitor in the POV camera segment. Love to see some video of it on a sled or helmet. Thanks BlownMotor

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Recommend it over the GoPro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have yet to film a segment side by side with a Reel and GoPro, to do it right you would need to put them side by side at the same camera settings to compare, and we just havnt got the opportunity to do that yet. What we can say though, is the people that have purchased them thus far have nothing but rave reviews for us, and we have been super happy with the footage that we have gotten. Maybe in the next week or so we can do a direct comparison. We still think if you are the guy in the market for the best of the best when talking about film quality, resolution, speed, and fps, the black GoPro3+ is probably still at the top of the scale, but for the other 95% of people out there just using it as a casual camera piece to see where they rode and enjoy being able to look back on footage, you can't beat the Reel! Combine the features that it comes with out of the gate, and we feel it definitely has a place in the market~!

Premium Features