• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The wife said I can buy a 2010 M8!!!

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
So, I need to sell my 08 M1000, and need some advice on the M8. I want a 162, but am not sure about getting a standard or sno pro. I like the idea of the altimeter, but willing to work with your advice. What other add ons are must haves? I'm thinking mountain addiction gas rack and HPS can?

Tempest

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Twin Falls, Idaho
Dang how do you rate. My wife wont let me get a new one yet. Get the Sno Pro, the ajustable bars and Fox Floats are worth the extra.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I agree, get the sno pro. It's worth the extra coin. And the HPS can is sweet! Can and some vents and it rips. Love mine.

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
I love my SnoPro 162, but it has taken some getting used to. I am not 100% on the Fox Floats. I liked the springed shock better, but I am learning. They say you either love them or hate them. Other than that, it has taken some adjustments to get the suspension workable and plan for a set of different skis. I am liking the older Simmons, but would be happy to try a set of Powder Pros. The stock ones are like the little yapping dog nipping at your heels constantly.

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Shocks..... I didn't realize Ms had them. Definately get the SnoPro, adjustable handle bars rock.

R

rcaustin

Sep 8, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I bought the standard and this is my personal reasoning over the sno pro and HCR.

The HCR has a stiffer track and if you ride mountains lots the softer lug on the std and sno pro is what you want. Also HCR has wider ski stance which also isn't desireable when sidehilling etc. That is enough for me to toss out the extra coin for the HCR.

Now the sno pro has the same track as the std, great. The sno pro has the adjustable handlebars, altimiter and fox floats. I have rode floats before, and I have rode spring'd shocks... Im not racing or doing anything like that therefore the fox floats look good and thats pretty much all that they will probably get you... plus an air shock is hard to tune poperly because you adjust for a 0 degree day and they are fine then all of a sudden its -30 the next weekend you have to re-adjust for expansion and contraction of an air shock... Next the adjustable handlebars... pretty much useless in my opinion, yea sure they are nice to have but i've rode with just a riser all these years... i'll keep it that way im not going to pay an extra 1500 bucks or whatever it is for hte sno pro.

If I were you... do what I am doing... buy the standard, buy a 150 dollar riser... done deal... then use the other 13 or 1400 bucks and put that into your air box/exhaust/can/vents or whatever you want to put on it...

Unless you are dead set on the white and orange which does look good... i'd go standard all the way. But thats just my opinion.

the 2010M8 rocks tho thats for sure, I am loving right now and all it has so far is an MBRP can... waiting for some more exhaust makers to come out with a pipe and to see some hp results.

Have fun,
Ryan

Monty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wet Coast
I bought the non sno pro and installed the adjustable bars myself, the fox zero pros with the coils ride excellent

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
well

i know for resale the snopro holds its value a lot more and stands on out craigslist i had no problem selling my 08 m8 sno pro for 7k and i seen several other cleaner looking standard M's on there that had a hard time selling for 6.

i loved my floats on my 08 the 2010 floats need some revalving though which is cheap!

altimeter is always sweet to helps with your general knowledge of elevation for most your riding areas. makes clutching a little easier to decide what elevation you want to clutch to!
-Aksnopro

F

Flange

Oct 25, 2001
Calgary, Alberta
Have to agree with most everyone else here, I really like my '10 M8 SnoPro. My only complaint is the way it rides on the trail. I know its not a trail sled, but man alive does it have to be soooo bad? Sure glad that all goes away once you reach the riding area. I've added a Super Q can, AMP gauge cage, 2Cool vents, belly protector, scratchers, MuffPot, and GasThingy. I didn't like the high engagement so I installed a Cat yellow/white in the primary and find it much smoother. Just put in MDS weights but haven't had a chance to try them out yet.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Keep your 08 1000, put a bumper kit on it, new 162 Challenger extreme, and a turbo, and your way ahead on cash and sled. If you don't like turbos, then do some engine mods, boss seat, lightweight hood, and your even further ahead on the cash. JMO

If you have to wait to sell you're 08, maybe you should plan on buying a 2012 M8, tough sells on sleds right now. Again, JMO

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
That is what I did. I got tried of the hubby looking and saying look at this and that and hearing him whine about wanting a new sled, so I said the hell with it and I told him I was buying a new sled. Checked out a few, rode a few, wish I had rode a Dragon, went to the bank and bought a new 2010 M8 SnoPro. Besides he got the 1000 Cat race engine the year before to the tune of about $6000. It was time I got something new. Now he rides my old mod sled, which is fine with me because I still love my old sled and can trade off when I want.

Unfortunately, he is still looking at M1000s daily, but he won't buy. I am about ready to just buy him one so he stops looking and whining.

Premium Features