• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 FST plastics on an 05 RMK 900?

F
Sep 11, 2008
Williams Lake, BC
So, after this little incident.... (there is an RMK900 tucked into that tree):face-icon-small-sad

beforetreetrimming.jpg

some of my plastics are in sore shape. Hood has more cracks, right side fender is badly broken (it could be adhesive/riveted but...meh!) I have an opportunity to get pretty much all the front plastics from an 06 FST and they do look like they will fit, but the part numbers are different. Could they be different enough that this is a bad idea?

To tell you the truth, I kind of like the look of that FST hood and now my sled won't look like every other RMK 900 on the mtn.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I am going with an FST hood this summer as well..it will work fine..

now is also a good time to get the 09 front end..you will thank yourself when you do..fits/looks GREAT!!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Now you've gone and confused me. 09 front end? I thought I was putting on an 06 FST front end?

LOL..

i am ONLY referring to the 09 fenders/nose pan..and then install the FST hood..

but if your getting ALL the plastic from an FST (hood,fenders,nosepan) it will all work fine..
but the 09 front end with FST hood, looks pretty nice IMO..

F
Sep 11, 2008
Williams Lake, BC
oh, okay, I understand now. But I am getting fenders, nose pan, bumper, hood and probably even console/headlight/wings (or whatever they are called) from the FST. going to cost me a lot less than buying the 09 plastics kit.

Premium Features