• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Moving skid in back on a 2004 summit 144 (pro's/Cons

D
Sep 17, 2009
Foam Lake SK Canada
As you might have seen a previous post, we put a 144x2.313 track on a 2004 rev with 9 tooth extro's and the rail tips hit. So we decided to move the skid back. There were pre drilled holes started on the bracket for the front arm inside the tunnel, and another pre drilled hole started on the inside of the drop down bracket.
Is anyone using this rearward position?
How does it compare?
Any reason we shouldn't have relocated the skid?
Will the sled still be fine to jump hard?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
moving it back just a little and all you might notice is a tad more weight on the skis, put a little more pressure on the front skid shock and I doubt you will notice much of a difference. if it doesnt handle like you want it to, then trim the rail tips, but I think for practical reasons it will work fine, its only like a 1" setback at most, like I said thought, might need a little skid setup change to make it play the way you want it.

as far as jumping, you will be fine, the rear bracket is super strong, and the front one is still in the metal plate so is super strong.

Premium Features