• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help with size 16 boots.......

R
Anybody out there using boots this size? Looking for boots for a customer and having a hard time finding any. He was hoping for Klim but they don't have any that size. Any help apprecitated.......

Thanks
Jim

you could also buy some snowboard boots.. probably find some great 09's for way cheaper than snowmobile boots. i have used burton and dc boots all my life, gets the job done. light, warm, and made for big impacts. after writing the post i see that hmk offers a boa system which i think is the best for sleds (dont have to worry about anything getting caught up on your seat or sled due to no laces) which DC and burton boots both offer

Last edited:
V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I also wear a 16. I am currently using a waterproof leather hunting style boot from Cabela's. I am going on my 3rd season with them and have no complaints. They may not have the full support of the sled/snowboard boots, but given my options, I can't complain. I have put Spenco inserts in the bottom to give arch support and lace them up good. Feet stay dry and warm. Given the quality and the price, I'll likely go back for a second pair when I need to replace them. I had tried on some size 15 boots (HMK possibly), and they were incredibly narrow so there was no way I was getting my foot crammed in there.

I would stay away from Sorel's. I have a pair of those and can't recommend them to be a good riding boot.

Good luck.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Columbia also makes a boot that runs in sizes up to a 17. I just spoke with a salesman yesterday at Oddball Shoe and he said they had been selling some of these to smokejumpers for the ankle support, yet still allowing the wearer to run in them. They come in the black, and also a combination of brown.

http://www.oddball.com/pdetail/1010675

Premium Features