• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Upgrading shocks on the 9

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
Totally fubared the last post so I'll try again.

Looking at the WE needle shocks, Ryde FX air or WE air. Experiences with these different shocks on the front compared to the stock Ryde FX'ers. Seeing some take off WE's from Dragons running around also.....

Thanks

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
If you are thinking of the base Floats or Float 2's... I'd prefer the Walker Evans Needle coil-spring shocks...

See this post.
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152622

When you get up in price to the Evol R's and Evol X's ($1000 and $1500 /pair respectively) Then you really start to blur the line in performance plus you get about a 3 lb weight savings.

The Walker Needle shocks with their heavy duty construction and 5/8 shafts really take some abuse. This design, with different valving/length/springs is used on the IQ-Racers and they really take punishment in the races.

Depends on your budget

If you go with used shocks... make sure they are for your make and model sled. Getting them serviced and the valving changed can cost some $$.

Fox Zero Pros $550/pr
Walker Evans Needle COIL-spring shocks $650
Fox Float 2 $700
RYDE FX Air $700
Exit (z-bros) XO shocks $850
Fox Float Evol R $1000
Exit X1 $1100
Fox Float Evol X's $1500

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
NO WE AIR..garbage

no expierence with Ryde FX Air??

WE needles..there is a post on the polaris section about some, MH siad they are VERY good shocks but only after they are valved and setup for your style/conditions/weight ect..

Zero Pros are the same as WE needles..GREAT shocks, valve them correctly..

I have fox floats up front and LOVE THEM..and heard the float 2s and even WAY better..

anything that can be revalved, setup and have some adjustability on the fly is the way to go..

good luck bud...

M
Nov 26, 2007
Okotoks
I bought Walker Airs at the end of last year from Carl's. For what I paid I couldn't pass them up. My track stock track shocks were shot and I just bought the whole set for the track and skis.

I didn't have any problems with them but I don't make any monster jumps and if I drop off anything, it's by accident. I'd like to see if they lost any pressure over the summer but I don't think you can put a gauge on them. You can only charge them up.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I have one fairly hard season on my Zero Pros ... I have them front and rear.

I've never run a premium air shock, but the Zero Pros are definatley a big step up over the stock shocks IMO ... they take big hits a lot better at least.

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
Well, I don't plan on dropping a grand or more just for shocks right now. WE's needles can be had for around 600 and the Ryde FX air for around 500.

I was going to try those Carl's take-off's they have listed but no answer to emails or voicemails so they must not have any or are too busy.

I'm looking for a more stable front end, this sags so much going into a hard corner or turning in deep snow, sidehilling is impossible... it just collapses rather than pulling over so my thinking is that better shocks should help that.???

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I have walker needle shocks w/rezi on my 9 they have been good shocks although I never rode the stock ryde fx shocks so I cant offer a comparison . I am considering evol r or x depending on budget . So if you dont have any of the parts I sell buy some so I can get the evol X :D

Premium Features