• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 SLP pipe VS 2006 SLP pipe?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Just wondering why no one here speaks of Dyno Port? I have Y/pipe/can and runs great! Just wondering? Is it a "west thing" 'cause you all live by SLP?

What's wrong with supporting your local business?

Because SLP is in Idaho "in the mountains", tests there stuff "in the mountains" and does R&D for Polaris, "in the mountains". Their pipes flat work for the 900. When we ride, we may have altitude swings of 3,4,5, maybe even 6 thousand feet.

Before you tell us what the SLP pipe did on the dyno 4 and a half years ago, I'll remind you to check the BSFC's that particular day LMAO. Not only that, but the SLP pipe makes its power at 7,800 not the 7,200 they were trying to tune for.

I've had plenty of dynaport pipes and cans on skidoo's. I quit using their cans after I had 3 of them in one season that would loose baffles (they look like a chinese star) and cause horrible engine runnablity problems. Had to leave a sled on the mountain when the first one went down before I figured out what was causing the sled to sputter and not rev up over 4,500 RPM's. Needed a chopper ride the next day as it was in an area that you just can't tow a sled out of.

R
Nov 20, 2009
What's wrong with supporting your local business?

Because SLP is in Idaho "in the mountains", tests there stuff "in the mountains" and does R&D for Polaris, "in the mountains". Their pipes flat work for the 900. When we ride, we may have altitude swings of 3,4,5, maybe even 6 thousand feet.

Before you tell us what the SLP pipe did on the dyno 4 and a half years ago, I'll remind you to check the BSFC's that particular day LMAO. Not only that, but the SLP pipe makes its power at 7,800 not the 7,200 they were trying to tune for.

I've had plenty of dynaport pipes and cans on skidoo's. I quit using their cans after I had 3 of them in one season that would loose baffles (they look like a chinese star) and cause horrible engine runnablity problems. Had to leave a sled on the mountain when the first one went down before I figured out what was causing the sled to sputter and not rev up over 4,500 RPM's. Needed a chopper ride the next day as it was in an area that you just can't tow a sled out of.
I just asked a simple question, no need to get all up in a bunch. Just a simple question that's all. I have friends that have SLP products and so do I.
And what joo mean by "the SLP pipe makes its power at 7,800 not the 7,200 they were trying to tune for." you kinda lost me on that one. Hopefully it is a type o. ( I would have not put the 3rd one on) sorry dude!

L
Dec 24, 2007
Bay City, Michigan
I talked to the SLP tech guy in person at the novi show a couple years back and asked about running their 06 pipe on an 05 sled. He said not to. He stated they could not see any gains on the dyno with a y-pipe for the 05- that's why they didn't make one. I also told him I had heard carl's cycle was recommending the 06 pipe. He stated that was untrue, and to run the 05 pipe on the 05 sleds. Take it for what it is worth.

Premium Features