• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Machine suggestions for small/women riders

K
Jan 23, 2008
ca.youtube.com
What are the girls/smaller riders riding?

I'm looking to buy a Yami, with decent power (no stock phazers) and am curious what machines/mods smaller riders have tried, or if anyone has any suggestions/experience that might be helpful in my search for a new sled.

I've been riding 5 years on an '03 800 HO skidoo, 144 track and ride in the BC mountains - coast range, revy, etc... I'm 5'3", 125 lbs (yikes, this sounds like a singles ad!)

Any suggestions, experience, cost info, etc is welcomed!

Cheers
-s

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
well as a single guy....lol..no but a good suggestion would be a polaris 600 cfi 155..is a rocking little sled my 15 yr old son got one for x-mass and I must say it is a great sled....being injected no jets to worry about ,,it has been in the shop once in 500 miles for a oil leak on the oil tank...and it rides great, handles great and rocks in the powder....hope this helps...by the way..up for dinner saturday nite?..haha

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Nytros are pretty easy to ride. They respond well without a lot of body weight transfer required. I was on a ride, where a couple of gals had Nytro MTXs, they got around the mountians really well with them.

A
Nov 28, 2007
My wife rides a MCX turbo'd Phazer with floats and a 153". She thinks it's a perfect sled for her. She can crawl around at off boost speeds then pin it to make it happen. She perfers the very slight turbo lag, thinks it makes the sled easier to ride. Good luck

R
Apr 13, 2002
Washington
my wife normally rides a sx-r with pipes and a 136"x2" track. nice trail sled. we got to borrow a nitro mtx for a weekend and she loved it. i had a hard time getting her off it so i could take it for a spin. my wife is not a real aggressive rider and pretty light. the stock nitro was plenty of sled for her.

K
Jan 23, 2008
ca.youtube.com
Thanks everyone!

I'm narrowing it down, slowly but surely. At this point I'm thinking turbo phazer (w/ 151 track) - demo'd and loved it, apex (w/ shortened track) - demo'd an 08 apex and loved it, or maybe an rx1 (lightweighted). (Nytro is too tall for me - too many mods to make it fit :( )

Cheers for all of the suggestions, I really appreciate it!

-S

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Thanks everyone!

I'm narrowing it down, slowly but surely. At this point I'm thinking turbo phazer (w/ 151 track) - demo'd and loved it, apex (w/ shortened track) - demo'd an 08 apex and loved it, or maybe an rx1 (lightweighted). (Nytro is too tall for me - too many mods to make it fit :( )

Cheers for all of the suggestions, I really appreciate it!

-S

this aint' to offend any of the lightweight rx-1 guys, because I owned a racers edge lightweight rx-1, and hands down I would prefer the apex or in your case a turbo phazer would be a sweet little setup. I rode a nytro on the weekend, and it did take some getting used to but what a fun little machine. it all comes down to what you can afford as well. I see some smokin deals on rx-1's, apexs and have even seen a couple phazer's with turbos in the 7-10000 range depending on how hard up they are to sell.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
yes there is a couple real nice turbo phazer in swap meet right now summitking has a really nice one for sale.definitly the turbo phazer over the apex or rx1 very easy to ride.:beer;:beer;

Premium Features