• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

teather instead of key?

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
I wondering who has switched their key to a teather cord on their cat? Yesterday i rolled my 09 m1000 over and when i looked it up, the track was still churning along and coming at my face. My doo came stock with a teather which has its obvious advantages. Just wondering who has done it and what tether they used. thanks!

Vernon

W
Nov 26, 2007
St. Cloud, MN
I had a 600 1M hooked up like that. Basically because I forgot my key once and we had to hot wire it not sure if It can be done on the M series. But I have friends that put the key under the hood so they dont ram ther knee into it. Then teh use that hole for the tether. But I have always just used the tethers from Cat they are around 20 bucks.

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
On my 01 600, I do not have the key switch hooked up. Just the tether. and of course the kill switch. I used the tether set up that you get from Cat..

M-Rider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
Browning, MT
Arctic Cat Tether

I installed a kill switch (tether) on my '07 M1000. I used the Arctic Cat kill switch and it was an easy install. The switch plugs right in to the stock wires, no splicing. So far i've had no problems, I completed the install about a month ago.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
same here. ac tether plugs right in. i just snipped thw wires off the back of my key cylinder. no point in leaving it hooked up...oh, i have an 06 m7...

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
I just installed mine Friday, just plug and go, but I recommend replacing the stupid clip with a little carabiner. Way easier to snap on/off then trying to use that POS with gloves on.

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
AK kats thats a good idea ,, that little clip is ***

A
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Alaska
Well I would rock a key or at least a hidden ignition/fuel pump switch just because my sled was stolen from a dealership with just a tether and there where 30 other sleds out there and mine was the only one stolen.

F
Dec 5, 2001
back country
And make sure you know how to remove, and have tools to do it...mine quit last year, middle of a ride. Made me worry for a minute, till I got it disconnected. Still haven't replaced it.

Premium Features