• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boots for snowbike

J
Dec 12, 2017
Boise
Anyone hear or know if there will be any snowbike specific boots anytime soon? I am heading to pick up my new TS kit and looking forward to next winter already.

M
Jan 14, 2004
That's funny.

After a full season how did the Klim boots hold up on kick start bikes? Anybody?

M5

B
I've been using the Klim Havok Snowbike boots and they have been stellar.

I've also been using them snowmobiling as has my wife. They are excellent boots. Easy on, easy off. Warm. Protective and waterproof.

I'd get them again if I needed another pair or did not have them already.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Cheap snowboard boots. lol. Seems like just about everything warm falls apart. So might as well be cheap and not feel bad when you get freshies halfway through the year.

J
Dec 12, 2017
Boise
couple of the guys I will be riding with destroyed their Havocs and have gone back to MX boots. They didn't give great reviews. My feet get stupid cold and MX boots don't sound appealing. I have looked at the TOBE and KLIM boots and may consider since I am just starting out and will be slow and lame for awhile.

Heading to pick up my TS kit this weekend and getting excited to buy all the gear.

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
I tried fly sector boots this last year and they worked surprisingly well. Super strong, water proof enough, and warm enough. I get cold easily too. And they were very reasonably priced. They don’t have great traction however, but I wanted more leg pro than my snowmobile boots were providing.

H
Oct 27, 2016
Billings, MT
I used a pair of Burton BOA snowboard boots for 3 seasons. Bought the KLIM Havocs for last season. I preferred Burton's BOA system better than KLIM's for getting a nice snug fit but otherwise the Havocs worked well.

A
Jan 18, 2018
couple of the guys I will be riding with destroyed their Havocs and have gone back to MX boots. They didn't give great reviews. My feet get stupid cold and MX boots don't sound appealing. I have looked at the TOBE and KLIM boots and may consider since I am just starting out and will be slow and lame for awhile.

Heading to pick up my TS kit this weekend and getting excited to buy all the gear.

Are you sure they destroyed the Havocs? They are pretty new, only around one season. Alot of guys (myself included) were riding with Klim Adrenaline snowmobile boots and they tend to get destroyed with kick starters and pegs. If it was the Havocs for sure, have them post up a review.

If you have motocross boots already, do two layers of socks and paste a toe warmer on top of your toes in between sock layer one and two. That's what got me through my first season.

J
Dec 12, 2017
Boise
Are you sure they destroyed the Havocs? They are pretty new, only around one season. Alot of guys (myself included) were riding with Klim Adrenaline snowmobile boots and they tend to get destroyed with kick starters and pegs. If it was the Havocs for sure, have them post up a review.

If you have motocross boots already, do two layers of socks and paste a toe warmer on top of your toes in between sock layer one and two. That's what got me through my first season.

Yes they were Havocs. They have since gone back to MX boots and I will probably go that route as well. Good idea on the double socks and toe warmer. I will give that a try, if I can get double socks in my old tech 8s.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
i bought Havocs for last season

Pros warm and comfortable and dry

Cons the BOA system does not snug boot very good (and i cranked till i was scared it might break)
the soles aren't tuff enough for kick starter (be careful and kick with more forward on sole )
they're not very stiff ( it makes them comfortable but it would be nicer to have more protection for ankle )

my hope is that Klim will make some changes to address these Cons
the Havoc it touted as "Snowbike Boots" so they need to be more tailored to
Snowbikes a warm comfortable Moto boot

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Got about 8 rides on my havocs and love them. Got estart so don't have the kick start issues. They have held up really well.

Zad

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2017
New to the site...first post so be gentle with me ;-) Has anyone used electric socks with their MX boots with any success?

I used good electric socks with the Forma Predator 2, their top of the line Moto boot. The Predator is comfortable and extremely protective but not waterproof so my feet were soaked by days end making the electric sock ineffective. I tried using plastic bags over my socks and I still ended up soaked. At the start of the day when my feet were dry the socks worked well. I switched to a good Goretex adventure boot and with the electric socks my feet are warm and dry all day, night and day difference in comfort while sacrificing protection.

Robster

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sweden
i bought Havocs for last season

Pros warm and comfortable and dry

Cons the BOA system does not snug boot very good (and i cranked till i was scared it might break)
the soles aren't tuff enough for kick starter (be careful and kick with more forward on sole )
they're not very stiff ( it makes them comfortable but it would be nicer to have more protection for ankle )

my hope is that Klim will make some changes to address these Cons
the Havoc it touted as "Snowbike Boots" so they need to be more tailored to
Snowbikes a warm comfortable Moto boot

For being Klim the Havoc boots suck.

As you state, the single boa makes the foot loose in the boot and the upper part SUPER tight. Two boas should be mandatory.
The bootleg is too high, so the knee protection gets stuck and pushed upwards.
When riding in the trees I want both knee protection and my body armor on. Yes I ride agressive every now and then.. :boxing:
Also as you state the boot should be more like an MX boot that can protect the foot and the ancles from hits and make them more stable.
We continue to ride in Adrenaline gtx boots til Klim get the Havocs right or atleast decent.

Rob

Premium Features