• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any one make a better idler sprocket then plastic ?

E
Dec 19, 2007
Same here. I ride 3 days a week oct through June. I've been through 4 chains and 2 sets of steels even broke a chain and blew the dual Jack shaft bearings but the plastic idler looks perfect. I don't even run a chain case cover. ???

Feb 23, 2019
Cheney Wa
???

My chain case one broke and the Drive one the seals on the bearing failed. Just want something that I can change the bearing as needed. Are you saying run the chain case open to snow?

E
Dec 19, 2007
Yes i make a custom plate guard to protect my pants but the whole bottom sprocket hangs out and front and back are wide open. Probably not necessary but I like to keep an eye on tension. Mototrax and camso Aren't fully covered either. They say the cover helps stiffen the side panel but the side panels always bend further back.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
chain case covers

at the start of the snow bike rush, we built our own kits and foolishly make the chain covers water tight, we found the chains heating up and going south, while the same chain used as a drive chain, open to the snow , was good as new.

Next strep was opening up our chain covers to let them process snow, chains lasted a couple of years.

New ARO, we notice the chain being warm, we cut holes in the covers and let more snow process through, way better chain life.

Premium Features