• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 SRX 700 triple

N
Jan 13, 2019
I was recently riding my SRX when suddenly I experienced a loss of power and a different sound, fuel ratio is good, not sure what it could be, should I buy three new spark plugs and try them? I looked for the blue spark but couldn't see any on any of the plugs, but my sled still starts on first haul, just doesn't sound right, anyone have any advice? Power-valves were recently cleaned.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
I'd check the power valves first. then I'd check for a broken spring.

More info would be nice, do you hear the noise at idle or at full rpm?? do you even get full rpm?
Try to describe it a little better.

Spark plugs are cheap, if the weren't replaced this year it wouldnt hurt to throw new ones in.

N
Jan 13, 2019
It's at low and high rpms, even at idle, if your familiar with how a bravo sounds, it's sorta has that deep 4 stroke sound now, happened when I was going about 80 km/h, its as if one of my mufflars just became blocked.

N
Jan 13, 2019
Just a thank-you to those who responded with some great advice, I tried three new plugs, runs like a champ again, what I did wrong on my part was adding oil to my gas when I have oil injection, I was told to do this in case my oil injection gave out so I could salvage the motor, but as it turns out, even just a bit of oil to put colour in my gas will foul my plugs, so, lesson learnt, thanks again!

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
thanks dick , i have a blown up 800 ptek on the bench right now , a 700 srx last week a 700 cat last month ,see the pattern

Pretty common knowledge that a 700 Yami will outlast an 800 Polaris about 5 to 1......see the pattern.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
hey dick i was trying to help the guy out that was having trouble with his sled . i was not trying to listen to your punka** face book ford v chevy bullcr#p posts. my advise is get off snowest and go back to face book .

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
hey dick i was trying to help the guy out that was having trouble with his sled . i was not trying to listen to your punka** face book ford v chevy bullcr#p posts. my advise is get off snowest and go back to face book .

Giving a guy advice on a sled engine that inherently has neither of the problems you listed doesn’t help the guy out. Good advise would start with maybe change the plugs and clean the carbs.........not “ it’s probably a piston or reed problem”.........WTF

Last edited:
Premium Features