• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQR Electrical Issues

T
Nov 5, 2010
I have a 09 IQR with a 727 motor running on a 03 800 vert/tour CDI that has recently been giving me problems. Sled runs great in the shop and on the snow until it warms up. Once it gets hot it will drop a cylinder and then eventually just bog to a stop. If I hold the throttle wide open sometimes it'll come back to both cylinders firing. Once I let it sit for a while the whole process starts over. This all started after my grip heaters shorted out on the bars and melted my grip and my stainless brake line shorted to the chassis heating the fluid in the line to the point of losing brakes.

Since then I have replaced the following without solving the problem: grip heaters, voltage regulator/rec, cdi, stator, coil, plug wires, brake line.
I'm running out of ideas, the only thing I haven't replaced is the ignition harness and that's next. I've tried it kill switch unplugged and the temp sensor, but it didn't make a difference. I'm running a #4010735 cdi from a 03 800 vert/tour if anyones holding a ignition harness they could part with.

Premium Features