• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

4130 Apex-pro by Powerhouse Customs

T

triple Black

Dec 11, 2008
Revelstoke BC
www.farwestfilms.com
After selling my beloved Nytro last season, Cpt Ron and I started work on a new creation. I was convinced that I could not run without the ultimate power and reliably that a four stroke provides but wanted like everyone else to be on a lighter and more nimble chassis.

Powerhouse Customs is our new shop in Revelstoke where we can provide drop in yamy powered 4130 chassis. Drop in your apex or nitro motor and drivetrain and go. Call us for any questions or if you have any problems while riding out in Revy. We will go out of our way to get guys fixed up and riding!

Thanks
Laird MacDougall

Powerhouse Customs
Revelstoke 250-837-2290

-Apex motor
-174x16x3
-Water to air
-boost it fuel
-Alpine header

DSC_0605_zps812b46f2.jpg

DSC_0607_zps11fb7483.jpg

DSC_0604-1_zps7ea7294c.jpg

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
It sure is nice...

It sure is nice to be in our New Shop! Your pics look great there Laird, my old shop was too dark and cluttered to take any good "build" pics, ..we will endeavor to post some build pics on one of these chassis soon.

Starting on another Apex version now.

As Laird mentioned, if you are in need of repairs, or welding/fabricating while in Revy, drop on by. Service and repairs for all makes. Stocking ordinary wear items for Yamahas. Stocking 100LL Av Gas, (to pump into your jerry cans). Four stroke engine repairs, (as well as two stroke). Turbo systems and/or components.

Cheers and Happy New Year!!

CR

D

dcooper

Mar 6, 2012
Jackson, WY
So what exactly are we looking at? custom tunnel, fairly stock(geometry at least) pro front end/bulkhead? or was the Poo hood the only one that fit well on your custom chassis? A-arm width? what are those skis? I have so many questions!

throw and etec in one for me? i have a pro and an xp, just wish i could match the ride of the pro with the powerband/traction of the xp.

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
What are we...

So what exactly are we looking at? custom tunnel, fairly stock(geometry at least) pro front end/bulkhead? or was the Poo hood the only one that fit well on your custom chassis? A-arm width? what are those skis? I have so many questions!

throw and etec in one for me? i have a pro and an xp, just wish i could match the ride of the pro with the powerband/traction of the xp.

As for what you are looking at, like Thistledoo stated, ..it is a complete custom fabrication build, a 4130 chromoly tube frame, designed to accept the Yamaha four stroke engines, either Nytro or Apex. We are utilizing the stock Apex chaincase as this is the only option for reverse, and it is truly reliable. The jig is built for the Racer's Edge rear suspension. Having recognized the value and performance of the Polaris front suspension geometry, we have incorporated it for our front suspension, with custom built Raptor shocks. We happen to use the Z-Bros components up front, again for their reputation of building strong components.

Ski stance is 38". Skis are the USI Triple Threats, ..again, like most of the components that we selected for these sleds, we have used these for years and like their performance, a bit pricey compared to some, but well worth it in our mind.

We do not have any interest in building these for any other engine than a turbo'd Yamaha four stroke at the moment. ..only so much time available and we LOVE the Turbo'd Yamaha engine, the undisputed KING in the Deep N Steep, and so reliable!!!

Thanks for your interest.

CR

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Nice job guys! One of these may very well be in my future! Turbo apex powered pro with yamaha clutches really is the best of both worlds! These guys are great to work and ride with btw.

I
Nov 26, 2007
Ron is very good to deal with. He was up front about all the costs associated with building one of these sleds and very good at responding to correspondence promptly. I would highly recommend his business to anyone.

T

Turbo Monster

Nov 26, 2007
Hinton Alberta
So what exactly comes with it do u just order it and put it together. Also can u run and rx1 engine in it I have one built by alpine and would love to build one of these

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
what exactly??

So what exactly comes with it do u just order it and put it together. Also can u run and rx1 engine in it I have one built by alpine and would love to build one of these

What exactly comes with the chassis, ...depends on what you want, need or desire. The ideal scenario is for someone who already owns a T Apex, or Nytro, to use as a donor sled. Remove the engine and driveline to install in our chassis.

A RX-1 engine will fit into the chassis no problem, the intake plenum would have to be custom fabbed to fit.

If you would like more detailed info, please e-mail me at the shop address.

Thanks

Lairds various 189.jpg Lairds various 190.jpg

Premium Features