• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Electric Start not working

reed4rmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Clackamas, OR
2012 Pro. Started normally last fall. Had the hood off to repair some cracks last week. Put hood back on and it wouldn't start with the key. Starts and runs with the pull rope and the guage works. When I turn the key there is a buzzing sound that almost sounds like it's under the fuel tank. Any ideas on what the deal is?

R

R_8_N

Nov 28, 2007
Have ya tried charging it? Mine worked once or twice in Nov before I had to charge it back up. They don't do well over the summer without a charger on them.

D
Oct 13, 2008
Charge the battery. My wifes sled started once or twice over the summer and then would not start for our first ride ( glad it has a rope starter ). Rode all day and it would finally start with the key toward the end of the day. Put a charger on it for a few hours and it works fine now. As stated above they do not hold a charge very well when not being used for a while. I will ave it on a battery tender throughout the summer from now on.

reed4rmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Clackamas, OR
Thanks for the suggestions. Rode it for 1/2 half day and it still wouldn't start but did sound different when the the key was turned. Put it on the charger and it's back to business as usual. Wonder why they drain down and then take forever to charge back up while running it. My other sled doesn't drain down.

Premium Features