• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Just ordered the GoPro 3 Black Edition!

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
I'm pumped about this camera. It has unreal features on it. I like the remote for changing settings and turning the unit on/off. The wifi will also be nice for lining the shot up. This camera is capable of so much. Should be unreal video/picture quality too.

I've been running the 960 for a couple years now and it has been a great camera too. Time to move up in the world.
:bounce:

B

boatingbent

Dec 18, 2009
Spring valley minnesota
What did you end up paying for it ??
Go Pro had a Booth last week out at Sema (Vegas) and I signed up for the $100 Discount on them .....List price there was $399 so I should be able to get it at $299 ...I am still waiting for my E mail with my Promo Code which I guess I am being told will be E mailed out on the 11th .....

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
I paid full price on her which is $449 here in rip-off Canada. It's $399 from GoPro.com. $100 off is a good deal for you.

I can't believe this camera will do 4k video. That's 4 times the resolution of 1080P. Of course it's only 15fps at this resolution, but still pretty cool. Even 1080P will look nuts on this thing.

And I take a lot of GoPro still shots, so 12MP will be pretty damn nice too.

I'll pick up the LCD Back Pack too for lining up shots without having to pull out my phone.

P
Aug 22, 2012
Wisconsin
I plan on ordering one sooner to release date. $399 is a lot of money for a camera though. I almost pulled the trigger on a hero 2, thank god I waited a few months!

If anyone knows of a promo code.... I'd REALLY appreciate it!

I just dropped $$$$ on a used track and shock rebuild.

B

boatingbent

Dec 18, 2009
Spring valley minnesota
My Son and I both went to the GO PRo booth at Sema and we both got our promo codes VIA E mail so yeah we ended up paying $299 each .....

My brother tried ordering one using my Promo code and it did not work a 2nd time :-(

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
I plan on ordering one sooner to release date. $399 is a lot of money for a camera though. I almost pulled the trigger on a hero 2, thank god I waited a few months!

If anyone knows of a promo code.... I'd REALLY appreciate it!

I just dropped $$$$ on a used track and shock rebuild.

There is a white($199), Silver($299), and black($399) edition camera. What seperates these three are two things. The black shoots in 1440P, and does stills at 12MP. It also comes with Wifi BacPac and remote. The silver is the same camera (minus size) as the hero 2, but it also comes with wifi BacPac and remote. The white is also same camera as hero 2, and doesnt come with anything other than camera and basic mounts. My suggestion to you is get the silver. Other than stills your not gonna shoot in 1440P anyway. At 12fps that is far from Ideal action shot sequences. Even with a class 10 SD card and 64GB of memory you'll get choppy shots or glitchy shots at 1440P because of how fast you are moving on a sled, even in the trees and how many frames you are capturing per second. The camera is just what your looking for though if your taking stills, or timelapse. Hope this helps. WAG

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
There is a white($199), Silver($299), and black($399) edition camera. What seperates these three are two things. The black shoots in 1440P, and does stills at 12MP. It also comes with Wifi BacPac and remote. The silver is the same camera (minus size) as the hero 2, but it also comes with wifi BacPac and remote. The white is also same camera as hero 2, and doesnt come with anything other than camera and basic mounts. My suggestion to you is get the silver. Other than stills your not gonna shoot in 1440P anyway. At 12fps that is far from Ideal action shot sequences. Even with a class 10 SD card and 64GB of memory you'll get choppy shots or glitchy shots at 1440P because of how fast you are moving on a sled, even in the trees and how many frames you are capturing per second. The camera is just what your looking for though if your taking stills, or timelapse. Hope this helps. WAG

All of the hero 3's have wifi built in, no more wifi backpac. The black is the only camera that comes with the remote. The silver is basically the hero 2 in a smaller body with wifi built in no remote included though. The white is basically the original HD hero not hero 2 in a smaller body 5 MP sensor not the 11 MP on the hero 2 or silver. I bought the black for 1080 at 60 fps, 720 at 120 fps, 30 fps stills and the wifi remote that retails for $79.99. Plus it's supposed to have better low light performance.

P
Aug 22, 2012
Wisconsin
I just placed my order for a hero 3 black edition! Gander Mountian is running $50 off anything over $250. I also used my discover cashback for 5% back. Total out the door, about $335. SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!

P
Aug 22, 2012
Wisconsin
All of the hero 3's have wifi built in, no more wifi backpac. The black is the only camera that comes with the remote. The silver is basically the hero 2 in a smaller body with wifi built in no remote included though. The white is basically the original HD hero not hero 2 in a smaller body 5 MP sensor not the 11 MP on the hero 2 or silver. I bought the black for 1080 at 60 fps, 720 at 120 fps, 30 fps stills and the wifi remote that retails for $79.99. Plus it's supposed to have better low light performance.

This is exactly why I ordered the black. Should be here sometime in December, it's back ordered a little...

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
This is exactly why I ordered the black. Should be here sometime in December, it's back ordered a little...

Ya I almost ordered one too but didn't want to wait till december and was lucky enough to find one in stock at a best buy where my parents live. I'll get my hands on it tonight since we are heading there for turkey day.

Premium Features