• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Steerable Sled Dollies

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Bought a set of these from Amazon.
Used them all season.
Perfectly happy with them
SUPER CHEAP, but they did the trick

has anyone tried these ?

Price is right.

https://www.amazon.com/Grip-Snowmob...F8&qid=1508007204&sr=8-4&keywords=ski+dollies

61FF2Tk3C0L._SL1200_.jpg

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
https://youtu.be/GDxHKZwbahU

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GDxHKZwbahU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:
F
May 16, 2018
Carbide Savers - Two Thumbs Up.

Well I reviewed all of the dollies out there and broke down and got the Carbide Savers. Wow, these dollies are the best investment i ever made. strong, build great, they even lift time warranty them & very easy to put on. I looked at the over seas dollies system, very cheaply made (ski saver) and Caliber not impressed with what they had to offer. Thanks Carbide Savers for a Great product!!!

M
Jan 9, 2011
Minneapolis
The Skisaver Flex is well-made -- all steel -- and the box weighs 26.5 lbs, so this is not a light-duty product. This product, with solid wheels, has been used worldwide since 2015 and are more durable than air-filled tires. This product is adjustable, so one set of Skisaver Flex ski wheels will fit all of your skis and your friends skis when they load on your trailer, and your future sleds' skis. (This second generation Skisaver Flex is adjustable to fit all skis, compared to the old styles that are fixed and only fit certain brands and certain skis.)

The cheap knockoffs posted earlier in this thread broke and had wheels that didn't last. The manufacturers have been forced to take their products off the market due to patent infringement as they were exact copies of the original Skisaver.

Skisaver Flex has patents issued and patents pending on the original Skisaver (launched 2015) and the adjustable Skisaver Flex. The company is challenging other companies' more recent patents on the grounds that you can't patent a product that is already on the market ("Prior Art").

So compare the features and buy the product you think is best.

John Gehring
U.S. Distributor
SkisaverFlex.com

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Bad link to the dollies Chris.

What was the cost?

Ya, its sad.
They were a GREAT PRODUCT.
Years later and I am STILL USING THEM right now!
They were SUPER CHEAP and worked famously.
Man I wish I had bought several pair.

I think I paid maybe $50 for them on Amazon?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I love the concept, absolutely appreciate all the work involved however, i think they are over priced.
$129-159 is a more realistic price point.

And for that, i am out!

F
May 16, 2018
Best Product Out There

Maximumpsi,
I had the Skisaver, the unit slid all over the place... Damaging my A-arm that took out a gouge in my aluminum. Ya real great product. I think they should replace my A-arm or you should since your selling this crap here. I would rather break my back before I use a Skisaver. Your right about one thing.... Pick the best product out there!! Carbide Savers or I would give the Ski wheel another try.

The Skisaver Flex is well-made -- all steel -- and the box weighs 26.5 lbs, so this is not a light-duty product. This product, with solid wheels, has been used worldwide since 2015 and are more durable than air-filled tires. This product is adjustable, so one set of Skisaver Flex ski wheels will fit all of your skis and your friends skis when they load on your trailer, and your future sleds' skis. (This second generation Skisaver Flex is adjustable to fit all skis, compared to the old styles that are fixed and only fit certain brands and certain skis.)

The cheap knockoffs posted earlier in this thread broke and had wheels that didn't last. The manufacturers have been forced to take their products off the market due to patent infringement as they were exact copies of the original Skisaver.

Skisaver Flex has patents issued and patents pending on the original Skisaver (launched 2015) and the adjustable Skisaver Flex. The company is challenging other companies' more recent patents on the grounds that you can't patent a product that is already on the market ("Prior Art").

So compare the features and buy the product you think is best.

John Gehring
U.S. Distributor
SkisaverFlex.com

Last edited:
Premium Features