• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Post Forward Kits BACK IN STOCK

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
How hard to install this? Can you post the directions?

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
How hard to install this? Can you post the directions?

Not very hard. If I'd do it again I would however not cut as much as instructed in the air box but rather cut a little, test fit, cut some more and so on. And also make the cut out rounder than instructed to make the "rubber patch" fit a little better.

Totally worth it though! Especially if you are a bit taller. First accessory I would put on a G4.

C
Nov 26, 2007
I wanted a post forward kit for the 850. Riding the xp 860 with post foward kit for a couple rides and back on the 850, holly crap r u ever foward on it. It’s amazing what u get used too and don’t realize.

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
An addition.

I probably would not put it on a designated trail sled that is mostly ridden sitting down. The knees end up very close to, (in contact with), the plastic when the bars are moved 2" forward and the rider is sitting down. I ride 95% standing up so that is my priority.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
An addition.

I probably would not put it on a designated trail sled that is mostly ridden sitting down. The knees end up very close to, (in contact with), the plastic when the bars are moved 2" forward and the rider is sitting down. I ride 95% standing up so that is my priority.

Not if you are tall with long arms. The post forward is a welcome addition if you are built like that.

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
Not if you are tall with long arms. The post forward is a welcome addition if you are built like that.

Handling-wise I like it sitting down too, but my knees are more or less in constant contact with the plastic, (And I'm 1.9m long). Guessing it could get tiresome hitting one's knees all day.

For the curious, the top bracket has an intermediate setting to. The post can be set either one or two inches forward.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Handling-wise I like it sitting down too, but my knees are more or less in constant contact with the plastic, (And I'm 1.9m long). Guessing it could get tiresome hitting one's knees all day.

For the curious, the top bracket has an intermediate setting to. The post can be set either one or two inches forward.

If you use the intermediate setting doo you still need to cut the airbox?

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
If you use the intermediate setting doo you still need to cut the airbox?

Great question! I'm interested to know this as well. I have a kit on the way!

Question for the tall guys with long arms, do you prefer the 1" or 2" setting? I'm around 6'4" in gear and feel like my hands are in my pockets sometimes when leaning forward.

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
Cutting the box isn't that big of a deal, just remove the air intake grills on the sides so it will be easier to clean out the box with the vacuum cleaner, (and it will also be easier to see how it fits after you have cut).

It was the "hands in my pockets thing" that made me add the kit, and jumping from my 850 that has it to my GFs G4 Summit 600R that hasn't makes the difference very obvious.

Premium Features