• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I'll miss the snowbike, but not as much as I thought because . . .

B
. . . as I got to go for my first real dirt-ride today, I have both realized and know that riding on the dirt/rocks/mud/sand is still a lot of fun and that I really have no choice anyway.

I also realized that in all the 4,000-9,000 rpm that the bike ran at all the time in the snow, that it did not take much off the motor and all the components as my 478cc motor still gets up and runs, almost better, than it did before this past winter. The bike has so much power that I can't use most of it on the (tighter) trails anyway.

It has only been on the wide open fire-roads where I can and have ever been able to wring the neck of the motor and getting out all it has on the dirt it has, otherwise, the motor is just so strong and thankfully so tough so far. 7 months till December, ha!

NO IQ

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Bow, WA
Mmmmmm , snow is AWSOME, but 1st “dirt” ride of season is always fun !
As a sledder still hoping for a couple more spring rides , but had the KTM out of the shop today for a little spin .

ravenous

Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2013
No dirt here yet. But the pavement is pretty dry now. Dirty, but dry. So I took the supermoto for a rip today.It felt awesome! First time on wheels since November. Then changed my clothes and went for a ride on the snowbike. Probably one of the last rides right out of the shop this year. Gonna have to bite the bullet and load it in the truck next time. What a nuisance.

B
Man, y'alls are up and over in a whole 'nother world still with snow. Even up at the top of New Hampshire there is nothing left to ride on as even when trailering to the most northern trailheads, there is no snow left on the trails getting out to where there is snow left on the trails as the temps and sun have eaten all the snow plus, April 15th is the end of the season for leegal riding anyway.

We've got no choice but to literally roll with the change. At least we have the new options, dirtbike, dual sport on the street, the boat . . . bike is running awesome on the dirt though.

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
It’s getting warm here. The snow was like concrete the other day. The sleds couldn’t even bust through the crust. Worst day I’ve ever had. Plus I think my head gasket is really shot now. Not worth hurting my motor to ride the worst snow of the year. Season might be over unless the snow smartens up. Shame because we got so much still. Hour west and it’s dirt bike season though... went out yesterday.

B
I'm so glad my boy likes dirtbiking. We had a good time this past Friday afternoon.

My favorite is when he wanted to ride the dirt road again after we had spent all the time on the slower trails that were sand and some mud. Like me, he likes the speed of the dirt road.

P1130718.jpg P1130717.jpg P1130719.jpg

B
I miss the snowbiking a little, but because the entire family is riding and set up to ride, I miss it a LOT less than I thought.

We got the boy a new TTR 110 E which he is loving.

The wife had tried and rode an XR 70 for the first time a couple of weeks ago and had enjoyed it so much she bought herself a new TTR 125 LE. I put a Rekluse EXP 3.0 in it and we're planning on all going riding this upcoming weekend.

I had a feeling that it would be really quiet here in the off-season. Thank goodness for dirtbiking as it is still a hoot.

Treg Trailer Bikes.jpg Jackie Bike.jpg Matthew bike.jpg Bikes Rockingham Trail.jpg Matthew Riding.jpg

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Looks like great riding for the kids.

6abe76af523a2f55c851189f8a57bae4.jpg

20 minutes from my house.

Last edited:
B
Beautiful. It is so different, now that everything is green instead of white, but gorgeous just the same.

We have to drive 125 miles north to get to my Sister In Law's, just under a 2 hour drive.

The rail trail is only 16 miles from the house though. Thank goodness for that.

T
Nov 1, 2011
Kingston, Idaho
Yes and no...

I definitely enjoy the snow more than the dirt, but still have a ton of fun. It was my son's turn for a new ride, so he ended up with a TE 150. Such a blast!! Didn't realize how much I missed the two stroke smells and sounds until we brought this thing home. It honestly feels like a mountain bike in comparison to my WR. Such a neat bike and high quality - no doubt. Maybe dad will get a 300 for his next new toy... Haha!

IMG_2523.jpg

Last edited:
B
Nice!

I will be riding the wife's TTR 125 LE on Saturday while I ride with the kids. It is fun riding a smaller, and really, any bike.

As has been said, "It is more fun riding a slow bike fast than it is a fast bike slow."

The best part of it all is that we get to enjoy all the seasons.

M
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
Go Tublis!

And now time to go tublis on all bikes for the new "off-season".

Last year we experimented with Tublis and frankly cannot believe the traction running them at 2-3 psi. Just installing three more for the dirt. Where have these things been all my life?

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
And now time to go tublis on all bikes for the new "off-season".

Last year we experimented with Tublis and frankly cannot believe the traction running them at 2-3 psi. Just installing three more for the dirt. Where have these things been all my life?

youll love them. their one tiny negative is that they naturally leak/go flat over a few days/weeks... and sometimes itll happen over a period of 6-12 hours if everything isnt perfect, the tire is rough, etc... sometimes I have a hard time getting mine to seal. no biggie.

BUT, ive done many rides, even showed up to a race one time on 2 flats... tubliss though with the 110psi inner bladder. I ended up riding 88 km and getting 2nd in expert that day, on 2 flats!!! its literally like im cheating running a flat m5b on the rear!!! later found out it was my valve stems that were dirty. oops. tubliss is amazing.

funny story for anyone familiar with how tubliss works. its a red carcass with a valve stem, and a separate tiny inner tube with a 2nd valve stem that goes inside, you can adjust it infinitely so the gaps between the valve stems are different. I sold some a60/talon hubbed rims to a guy, he paid $1500 for them, and wanted to put tubliss in them. well naturally, the rims all have 3 holes. 2 are 180 degrees from each other, and the 3rd is FOUR spokes away from one of the holes.

well when that guy got the tubliss, the 2 valve stems of the tubliss setup werent quiteeeee 4 spokes apart, more like 5 spokes maybe.... so instead of taking the bladder out, moving it 1" down and popping it back in so its a four spoke gap, he drilled a 4th hole in his rims, but this one was FIVE spokes away from the first hole hahahaha. he basically swiss cheesed his $1500 rims. boy did he feel dumb!

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
Been running Tubliss for 6 years. Going to try nitromousse soon, will be a test to the death involving desert, highway, and chainsaw

B
This past weekend was glorious.

The first cut of the hayfield was done the day before we got there and we got the green light to ride the lanes where there was no hay. I got to ride the wife's new TTR 125 and had a ball chasing the kids around.

Explored the creek and cooled our heels in it.

More riding, went out for lunch and went back to the house at 3pm, tired from the days events.

Today was just as good as the wife came up and she got to ride her new bike for what was really the first time and had enjoyed using the bike with the Rekluse in it and liked 3rd gear and its smoothness overall.

Life. Is. Good.

P1130941.jpg P1130949.jpg P1130976.jpg P1140056.jpg P1140057.jpg P1140058.jpg P1140016.jpg P1140015.jpg P1140012.jpg

B
We got the girl a 2007 TTR 90 for $800 a few weeks ago. She has graduated from the JR 50 and only took a couple of months to do so. She will not get back on the bike either as the TTR 90 has both the power and the much better suspension.

P1140132.jpg P1140161.jpg

Premium Features