• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 summit 800 vs 10 m8 sno pro...which one?

Trying to decide need some help. Both are same price and the m8 has 1800 miles. It's a sno pro 153.

The summit is an 800 x with 151 less than 1000 miles but had updates done. Need help which would be the better of the two. Please honest opinions and no bashing.

lancelarue

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez, Alaska
decisions

Trying to decide need some help. Both are same price and the m8 has 1800 miles. It's a sno pro 153.

The summit is an 800 x with 151 less than 1000 miles but had updates done. Need help which would be the better of the two. Please honest opinions and no bashing.

Both good sleds.
Summit is a simpler machine. No Diamond drive to deal with. No EFI to deal with.
M8 comes up a little tougher but once it's up you ride an edge forever. Fuel injection on the M8 will mess with you in the mountains sometimes, if you need to lift the front end over a drop after a long downhill run you are screwed. They go really fat downhill.
But, they're a good solid sled. Nice approach angle on the skid. Pull really good and go through the snow good with the correct track.
Won't go wrong with either one. After working on both, and my old riding partner rode an M8, preference would be the Doo. My 2 cents.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
If playing in the trees and sidehills, hands down the m8. If riding more trail and logging roads then the summit. I've had both sleds. Both good. M8 steers harder and not the best trail sled but you can play on stuff, in the trees, that the skidoo doo will struggle with. The m8 will run longer. Your main issue with it would be the diamond drive. I had better luck with my 07 xrs than most. It made it 1600 miles before it blew up. Most went way earlier. If the motor is updated it is a matter where you are mostly going to ride.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I'm a Ski-Doo guy and would go with the M8. The 07 just had too many issues, regardless of any updates that were done.

Premium Features