For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Yamaha: Boosted Sleds (Turbo or Supercharged) Turbo discussion for Yamaha aftermarket Turbo or Super Charged sleds.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2016, 07:21 PM
Currently: Not set.
Octanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond repute
Default How to identify a 16T vs 19T?

Hi guys, As the title says, I'm curious on how to Identify them? I'm trying to figure out what turbo my sled has, I was googling and visually the only thing I could notice was the 16t had a straight flange off the exhaust and the 19t seemed to have it off kilter at an angle, Is that true or does the 16t also do that too? Thanks!

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-13-2016, 11:36 PM
dexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond repute

If your kit is a 290 kit, it should be a 19T. The earlier 260 and 310 kits were 16T. Not sure how to identify them apart though

Old 02-20-2016, 09:14 AM
Octanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond reputeOctanee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter View Post
If your kit is a 290 kit, it should be a 19T. The earlier 260 and 310 kits were 16T. Not sure how to identify them apart though
Thanks for the reply.

I'm going to assume mine is a 19t but may have been upgraded, I'm pretty sure my sled must of had the 310 kit as I do have the external fuel pump, and the old mcx fish can brain box lol. But my assumption comes as I picked up another apex with a newer kit on it and it's turbo looks identical to mine, I'd figure if it was the smaller one it would look different or smaller but it does not.

I'd still love to have somebody point out or explain the differences if somebody does happen to know

Old 02-20-2016, 11:37 PM
Currently: New femur and a new knee and more metal in hip!!
up-high has a reputation beyond reputeup-high has a reputation beyond reputeup-high has a reputation beyond reputeup-high has a reputation beyond reputeup-high has a reputation beyond reputeup-high has a reputation beyond reputeup-high has a reputation beyond reputeup-high has a reputation beyond reputeup-high has a reputation beyond reputeup-high has a reputation beyond reputeup-high has a reputation beyond repute

A 19T has a larger compressor housing(prob 5cm for a 16T & 6cm for a 19T) and larger exhaust outlet(not much point in putting more air in if you can't get it out fast enough to keep egts down).

It's Mountainhorse time now!!!

Old 02-21-2016, 08:52 AM
Currently: Planning a build
Basic Member
M5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty certain the 16T is 6 cm and the 19T has the 7 cm housing. I have pics someplace but I've got no idea where they are, that was a long time ago. I know the 15G has the same 7 cm exhaust housing as a 19T, it just has and inferior older style turbine wheel so its fairly easy to make a 15G into a 19T. I used to know all this stuff. LOL.

M5

Old 02-25-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5- View Post
I'm pretty certain the 16T is 6 cm and the 19T has the 7 cm housing. I have pics someplace but I've got no idea where they are, that was a long time ago. I know the 15G has the same 7 cm exhaust housing as a 19T, it just has and inferior older style turbine wheel so its fairly easy to make a 15G into a 19T. I used to know all this stuff. LOL.

M5
Thanks for the replies, now are we talking measuring the inlet of the compressor should be 5cm round or 6 or what ever? Or at the wheel?

I wish it would be easier to find out!

Old 03-01-2016, 02:07 PM
Currently: GOT BOOST???
turbo800 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo800 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo800 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo800 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo800 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo800 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo800 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo800 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo800 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo800 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo800 has a reputation beyond repute

The 16T & 15G has a 43mm Inducer / 56mm Exducer compressor wheel

The 19T has a 46mm Inducer / 58mm Exducer compressor wheel
'05 Summit X RT1000 - CS1240 Big Bore Kit 174"

CR500AF / '14 Timbersled 120 ST - Snowbike
'98 YZ 250 - Setup for single track trails

Old 03-02-2016, 12:21 AM
red has a reputation beyond reputered has a reputation beyond reputered has a reputation beyond reputered has a reputation beyond reputered has a reputation beyond reputered has a reputation beyond reputered has a reputation beyond reputered has a reputation beyond reputered has a reputation beyond reputered has a reputation beyond reputered has a reputation beyond repute

Brad that used to work at PG Yamaha told that one turbo has 2 frost plugs, the other turbo has 1 frost plug in the center section. Of coarse I wrote it down, but forgot where I put it. I will try to find it.

Old 12-18-2016, 11:33 PM
Basic Member
sledheadgeorge is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octanee View Post
Hi guys, As the title says, I'm curious on how to Identify them? I'm trying to figure out what turbo my sled has, I was googling and visually the only thing I could notice was the 16t had a straight flange off the exhaust and the 19t seemed to have it off kilter at an angle, Is that true or does the 16t also do that too? Thanks!
measure the wheel

16 T has 43.40 mm inner blade tip to tip measurement
19 T has 46.07 mm

Old 12-18-2016, 11:35 PM