• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Spot satellite Messenger units in stock

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
Retail is $169.99 plus shipping Sale now $149.95 shipped to the lower 48

PM me or E0mail me at snowjw3090@yahoo.com or call 406-580-2277 Paypal and Credit Cards Welcome. Paypal address is the same as my E-mail

DSC02527.jpg

Spark plug shows how compact this unit is also for more info visit http://www.findmespot.com/

New Spot Satellite Messanger GPS Tracker Work Worldwide. World first GPS tracker, track your progress, emergency assistance. With the SPOT Satellite Messenger, you and your loved one have peace of mind knowing help is always within reach. SPOT is the only device of its kind, using the GPS satellite network to acquire its coordinates, and then sending its location with a link to Google Maps and a pre-programmed message via a commercial satellite network. And unlike Personal Locator Beacons, SPOT does more than just call for help. Tracking your progress, checking in with loved ones, and non-emergency assistance are also available, all at the push of a button. And because it uses 100% satellite technology, SPOT works around the world even where cell phones don't. SPOT products come with a 1 year limited warranty. Specifications : SPOT features four key functions that enable users to send messages to friends, family or emergency responders, based upon varying levels of need:

Alert 9-1-1 Dispatch emergency responders to your exact location
SPOT sends one message every 5 minutes until power is depleted or 911 is cancelled.
Ask for Help Request help from friends and family in your exact location
SPOT sends one message every 5 minutes for one hour or until Help is cancelled
Check In Let contacts know where you are and that you re okay
SPOT sends three identical messages to the SPOT service for redundancy. The first of those three messages is delivered.
Track Progress Send and save your location and allow contacts to track your progress using Google Maps
SPOT sends one message every 10 minutes for 24 hours or until SPOT is powered off.

Dam Dave
So, I have been checking these out for awhile and have browsed there web site, a few questions,

Warranty, is there one and how long, where do I get service, you?

What comes with it, belt clips, holster, charger?

Do I need to sign a contract, how long?

Is it always on, or do I just turn it on when I need help, battery life?

If I lose it or it is stolen, will they help get it back.............

Dave here it goes.

[Q]Warranty, is there one and how long, where do I get service, you? [/Q]
1yr warranty from the date you activate the unit

[Q]What comes with it, belt clips, holster, charger? [/Q]
comes with belt clip and 2AA batteries no holster and charger is not needed

[Q]Do I need to sign a contract, how long? [/Q]
All Service plans are Pre paid Plans. Available plan terms may include: a yearly term with prepayment in full, a yearly term with prepayment prior to each service month or a multi-year term with prepayment in full. Pre-paid Plans automatically renew at the end of the Term for a new Term that is the same as the initial one unless you cancel by notifying SPOT a minimum of 30 days before the then-current Term expires. You can sigh up online it only takes a few min.

[Q]Is it always on, or do I just turn it on when I need help, battery life? [/Q]
No to save the battery you can turn it on only when you want to use it or you can leave it on it's up to you. But if you travel 600 miles after it was last on it will take 4min to find it's coordinates so it's best to always send a (check in I'm ok signal) before you leave on your sled to make sure it's working as it's free anyway. Battery life is great Power on unused it will last one year approx. Tracking mode 14days. 911 mode 7 Days. Times you can check in on a set of batteries 1900

[Q]If I lose it or it is stolen, will they help get it back [/Q]
Hmmm not sure on that one let me check and get back to you.

Hope this helped some. $157 is a small price to pay for your life or a buddy's life that's for sure.

Last edited:
K
Nov 26, 2007
Mr. Bigrock,
Have you happened to or know anyone that's given this a try up at Fairview? We go up there every year and the wives are freaked out that we can't call to let them know we're alright for several days.

Any input from anyone using in that area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

G
Jan 2, 2008
I located the spot system at Vector communication in Grande Prairie AB and put 3 on hold to pick up later today. Price and coverage is good.

D
Nov 26, 2007
From Away
great tool

I got one for Xmas. Works as advertised. Used it the first week ice fishing in Maine to keep track of my fishing holes. Used it all the next week in Montana and Yellowstone park. I went for the tracking package. The satellite pics are fun see. Can pick out the trails we were on.

Premium Features