• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum Appearance Changed?

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
The appearance of the forum changed on my computer tonight for some reason. The forum is only about 3/4 of the old width with a huge add space on the right side (SnoWest picture of the week add with a paid advertiser down the side). Was there some kind of update or change to the forum? Maybe awindows upgrade that changed the view? Other websites look normal. I would like to view the forum back to the old width with just a thin add down the side.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I was just looking for a thread on this. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed, It has been driving me nuts, I hated the thin banner, the wider banner makes feel like I'm being pushed off my chair as I read. Apparently gathering more email addresses is a higher priority than thread visibility.

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
Dont like new add banner

i thought we paid to be on here so we didnt have to have half the f**kn page takin up by adds. Whats next? Pop-Ups are coming, they will whore this site out till nobody will use it.

S

swtest-1

The overall forums don't appear to have been changed by Harris Publishing, but I do see a new place holder above the tall thin add on the far right side.

This is about twice the width of the ad alone.

On a small screen monitor I can see where that would make it feel like the whole forum is narrower than it was before.

let me check with the powers that be and find out what their plan is for this new item.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
The overall forums don't appear to have been changed by Harris Publishing, but I do see a new place holder above the tall thin add on the far right side.

This is about twice the width of the ad alone.

On a small screen monitor I can see where that would make it feel like the whole forum is narrower than it was before.

let me check with the powers that be and find out what their plan is for this new item.

That is exactly what the problem is (it even looks blurry/distorted like it wasn't intended to be stretched). Thanks for checking it out and hopefully shrinking it back down so we can view the forum.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
We shouldn't need to do that. It needs to be fixed so paying members can view a forum that they are paying to use like we were told we would be able to. I'm sure all members (free & paid) would appreciate being able to view the forum in full screen.

Agreed. Just posting another option.

For me the forum is EXTREMELY slow, it hangs up nearly constantly, so getting rid of the extra graphics/ ads helps a ton. I'm running on 2 can & a string here at home, so I need all the help I can get!!!

Honestly the only reason I got ad blocker was because of the stupid peel down ad, that needed to go, BADLY. Because of THAT one ad, now I don't see any of them. (and it's faster without any of that now)

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Seriously, It needs to go, it's not even a money making advertisement, it's the SnoWest picture of the week sign up link. Heck, it's even infringing on this post, I can't see the right side of the Smilies or spell check option as I type this.

It can't be that difficult to remove???????????

Premium Features