• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 - 2018 is there any difference

Duramax325

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2011
Minot N.D.
Looking at trading my 2017 axys for a 2017 sidewinder and was just wondering if there is any differences between the two or the same thanks guys!!

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
Narrower running boards/plastic
Dropped and rolled chain case
8 tooth drivers
Drain plug on the chain case (you don't know how exciting this actually is till you have to change oil)

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Narrower running boards/plastic
Dropped and rolled chain case
8 tooth drivers
Drain plug on the chain case (you don't know how exciting this actually is till you have to change oil)

That last part is amazing. Changed my viper chaincase oil last weekend and will be doing the engine oil tonight. It sucks having to either make a huge mess, or having to pump out the old oil.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
I think the '18 improvements are worth whatever extra you have to pay to get them. The dropped chain case with bigger drivers makes a huge difference in handling and getting this heavy sled up on the snow. To me the '17 might be OK but the '18 is a MUCH improved sled.

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
That last part is amazing. Changed my viper chaincase oil last weekend and will be doing the engine oil tonight. It sucks having to either make a huge mess, or having to pump out the old oil.

Even better news, the engine oil tanks now even have a drain plug, however the '17 SW does as well, just not the Vipers.

Premium Features