• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iqr engine install and tunnel extension

N
Sep 27, 2016
I'm new to swapping engines and tunnel extensions and need help! I have a 2010 iqr chassis and have a 155 track and 155 skid frame I also have a 2000 Polaris 700 non ves engine with 1200 miles on it. I need help in mounting this engine! I know that I have to order a coverson plate. I have a few questions about the engine like will the stock collets be enough for the 700? Will the 700 pipe and silencer fit on the iqr chassis? Will I need to change anything with the clutch?
I have the ability to make my own tunnel extension I would rather do that. I'm not sure what I need to measure for the extension. Where do I need to mount the rear skid frame mounts? Will I have clearance for the 2.4in lug up by the drivers? What will I have to do there? Again I'm pretty new to this deal I've built dirt bikes before but I'm new to building sleds I would really be happy if I could get some help!!! Thank you!!! If you need pictures I will send them to you.

omernikski

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2003
Minocqua, WI/ Foxboro, WI
What year track and skid are you running? I am running a '14 155 track and skid with a 07 iqr solid shaft and 07 mxzx 440 9 tooth drivers. 2" is about as big as I can go without removing the front cooler. I cut the front of the rails back about an inch and installed an antistab kit. I am running the skid in the stock front hole and I believe the ctc is 30 7/8"

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Most your questions can be answered by searching here and hcs.

Most of them are answered in the sticky on the hardcoresleder in the Polaris 440/race section.

I personally wouldn't go with the 700non ves, that will really hurt the resale of the sled and make less power then the stock 600r motor. But hey, it's your build.

You can run a 2.5" paddle without any mods, stock drivers etc..

you can cut and notch the bulkhead to clear the water pump or space the motor up 1" like Polaris did and mount it that way.

You the factory pilot hole one down from factory in front on the skid.

Rear goes 9" down, 30 7/8" back.

Run rmk or 36" front end, with 16.7"- 17" shocks.

And most importantly, RUN A AIRBOX!

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Where in the NW are you? I have 4 of them and you could come look and get ideas if your close to bend, Oregon.

My personal favorite sled

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 113
Premium Features