• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQR 800 conversion questions

Apr 7, 2011
Hey I am new to this mod sled world and I currently bought an 05 polaris IQR 440. I installed a 144'' easy ride skid with a 2.5''x 144'' track and a VE tunnel, I now have a 05 800 switchback sled to steal a motor out of. what are some good tips for this motor swap, I have done allot of reaserch and would just like to hear from some guys that have already done this mod. I have brads motor plate on order. What should i be looking for for a center to center on the clutches? what are guys using for oil tanks to retain the oil injection? what are guys using for belts,pipes,carb boots, airbox, etc. any feedback would help thx

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
I used the Factory 800 Race Straps instead of Brads plate so its a little different but still pretty similar. I still had to make room for the oiler on the mag side, shock tower brace. I used a $15 1997 Polaris XLT oil tank from an XCR INDY. Since i used the Twin pipes i had NO room on that side of the engine for an oil bottle so i mounted it above the clutches on a custom mount i made. My engine has ves and was mounted so high the bent steering post i bought didn't clear the VES and was useless. I took the stock straight steering post and without bending it dented the area where it came in contact with the VES. That worked awesome, I made a custom bent upper support for above the clutch side spark plug and VES so i can still get at them. Other than that, USE HCS 440/800 thread, Tons of build-up info using Brads plate. If you need close up pictures of anything i did, Let me know.

Grant

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
gmiller - do you have the Part number for the factory 440 to 800BB engine mounting straps? My IQr is an '09 600 and I'm going to a 1085 PSI based off of the 800 BB. Thanx:devil:

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
gmiller - do you have the Part number for the factory 440 to 800BB engine mounting straps? My IQr is an '09 600 and I'm going to a 1085 PSI based off of the 800 BB. Thanx:devil:

Call Brad at the Polaris Race Department.. 715-355-3008

Youll need the spacer/shim also unless you've notched the front of your bulk head to clear the waterpump..

Premium Features