• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

track advice needed!!

E
ok hears the deal. i have a 2003 rev 600ho 121 with the beaver tail. so instead of doing a delete kit i decided that i am going to stretch it out. i wanted to go with a 144 but i guess all that you can go is a 136 with an 03 is what i am told. so i was going to order an extension setup from tracks usa. but what i need to know is will an 1.75 lug track fit or can i only go with 1.5. and also what track to go with. i was thinking if i can only go 1.5 i was going to go with camoplast intense. but if 1.75 i wanted to go with camoplast backcounty. what do you guys think? and also is the quality of the product from tracks USA good or is there somthing better?

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
If you ride out West at all I wouldn't invest any more money into your sled. Instead sell it and ponny up for a 144 or 151 summit 800. You will be much happier in the long run.
If you mainly ride trails then I would just stick with a 1.5" lug, if you have a beaver delete I don't know why you couldn't do a 144 but again if you mainly ride trails then there really isn't a need for one.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
ok hears the deal. i have a 2003 rev 600ho 121 with the beaver tail. so instead of doing a delete kit i decided that i am going to stretch it out. i wanted to go with a 144 but i guess all that you can go is a 136 with an 03 is what i am told. so i was going to order an extension setup from tracks usa. but what i need to know is will an 1.75 lug track fit or can i only go with 1.5. and also what track to go with. i was thinking if i can only go 1.5 i was going to go with camoplast intense. but if 1.75 i wanted to go with camoplast backcounty. what do you guys think? and also is the quality of the product from tracks USA good or is there somthing better?

I wonder why you can't do a 144 on an 03? Or does Tracks usa just not carry the ones you need?

I have over 5,000 Trail, Deep snow, Ditch banging and boondocking on my Tracks USA extensions and they put out a great product!!! I would buy from them in a heart beat again.

Just make sure to get a tipped up rail. Because with that your 144 will still run the trails like a 121 will.

Sturgis Sledder

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2003
Sturgis, SD
I put a 151 on a 97 so I know it's possible, I just put a suspension from a HM under it with a big wheel kit. Got the used suspension and track together.

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
I wonder why you can't do a 144 on an 03? Or does Tracks usa just not carry the ones you need?

I have over 5,000 Trail, Deep snow, Ditch banging and boondocking on my Tracks USA extensions and they put out a great product!!! I would buy from them in a heart beat again.

Just make sure to get a tipped up rail. Because with that your 144 will still run the trails like a 121 will.

Because the '03's had the short chaincase (only REV that did) and the MOST you can stuff under there is a 1.75" track. Since most 144's are 2" and taller they don't offer one.

And yes, the Tracks USA kit is the best deal and the way to go IMHO.

Have FUN!

G MAN

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Have you talked to Tracks USA on the phone yet or just looked online. I know a few guys on Dootalk with 03 REV that got the 121-144 extension and I believe Bruce was still selling that model but so little demand that they don't have them on the website. I would give him a call, great guy to deal with.

Premium Features