• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2004 800 Summit Highmark HP Gain.....

superfly333

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
MN
Hey guys just curious on what would be the best ways and where to start with wanting to get some extra horsepower out of my 800 Summit. I do my fair share of riding at Bear Lodge which if you dont know is about 8500 feet. I am from central MN and i do ride around here as well. What are some of the things i could do and not break the bank, and where to start with it? Thanks

B

BackCountryBob

Aug 7, 2001
Arvada, Colorado
The best performance thing you can do for that sled is to dial the clutching in.
I installed Dynamo^Joes mountain helix and spring combo two years ago and my 04X-151 is very competitive. There is enough adjustment in the clickers to accommodate the altitude change. I think his web site is Northern Catalyst www.mxzx-revzone.com Google Dynamo^Joe and there are u-tube flicks and installation instructions.

Drop one tooth on your drive sprocket.

DJ will also answer your questions-pm him as he is always on www.dootalk.com

Lots of performance gain for less than $300.00

BCB

Last edited:
B

BackCountryBob

Aug 7, 2001
Arvada, Colorado
One tooth off the small sprocket in the chain case. The 04 was geared too high from the factory:mad:

Another inexpensive mod is to cut the heads .030 BUT I don't recommend this because you cannot guarantee good gas in resorts. Not worth the chance of detonation. You might check with a dealer to see if you have to reprogam the DPM. Give RPM Motor Sports in Lakewood, Co. a call--ask for Matt in service 303-232-7576.

BCB

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
One tooth off the small sprocket in the chain case. The 04 was geared too high from the factory:mad:

Another inexpensive mod is to cut the heads .030 BUT I don't recommend this because you cannot guarantee good gas in resorts. Not worth the chance of detonation. You might check with a dealer to see if you have to reprogam the DPM. Give RPM Motor Sports in Lakewood, Co. a call--ask for Matt in service 303-232-7576.

BCB

My 04 800X has 19/45 gears that imo work great.

Premium Features