• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 bogging

C

Crash Cat

Feb 16, 2008
I has coming home from dinner last night on the trail. We were on the trail for about 20 miles going a decent clip, about 6500 rpms. I got to an open area and went to pinch it, when the sled started to pull for about a second then started bogging/hesitate. I let out right away. Tried it again and it was fine. Thrived a third time and it bogged/hesitated. we are out in island park, Idaho. Elevation is around 6500 if that matters. I have a 2011 m8 sp with a full speedwell exhaust and clutching. I'm also using a Pcv with the speedwerx tune for 5 to 10 elevation. Sled ran great all week, we are leaving today so i wont be able to try anythingto test. Any ideas?

Thanks
Keith

C

Crash Cat

Feb 16, 2008
finally got my sled back home. started to get it off the trailer. it ideled low then killed after about 10 seconds. i couldn't get to started again. i pulled it about 30 times and it wouldn't start. let it sit for about 4 hours, then changed the plugs and put a torch in each cylinder for a second to burn out any extra gas. first pull it fired but didnt turn over. pulled about 10 more times and it wouldn't start. i'm at a complete lose now:face-icon-small-con. any ideas?
thanks
keith

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Might want to check the wiring going to the injectors. I had one of mine that was broken inside the insulation. (insulation good, copper broken)

C

Crash Cat

Feb 16, 2008
Thanks for the ideas. I have it in the garage and the temp is around 45 to 50. I am going to check the compression and see if i have spark tonight. What should the compression be at? I will keep you posted.

Thanks
Keith

C

Crash Cat

Feb 16, 2008
It's Alive!!

it must have been flooded really bad. I left the plugs out for 2 days and just put them back in and it started on the first pull. Ran like chit for the first minute, but clear out nice after that. Thanks for all the help.

Keith

C

Crash Cat

Feb 16, 2008
I agree, it shouldn't load up that way. The only excuse i can think of is that on th etrip home they loaded my sled on the trailer and didn't let it fully warm up. Then they drove to north dakota unloaded a few sleds. started mine up and moved it 10 feet on the trailer and shut it off again without letting it warm up again. Once they returned back to minnesota for drop off, it wouldn't start. It is a mystery to me.

Thanks
Keith

Premium Features