• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Apex MTX BetterBoards Evol

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
Hi, thought i would share some pics on, in my mind, a great upgrade for an Apex MTX.
I have several years been thinking that i will change tunnel on my Apex MTX because the oem runningboards s***!
About a year ago BetterBoards came to Apex, i installed them and that made the runningboards much much better, but it's been annoying that the coolers covers almost whole openings in the back and about half the openings in the front of the runningboards, and in real deep cold snow the openings have still been covered, so this year i made some changes.

In this pic i cut a couple already, to the left is some uncut openings, they are cut as i had last winter with BB and cooler = about half the actual opening of the BB.
10fro1d.jpg

In this pic i cut the runningboard and put the BB in place.
2ikyzut.jpg

In this pic is the perimeter coolers and how it's attached to the tunnel.
21mayyh.jpg

In this pic is the double pass u-cooler.
2eok844.jpg

Now i need some snow so i can test if it's got any better :).

Last edited:
B
Oct 17, 2004
Kelowna B.C.
Hi, thought i would share some pics on, in my mind, a great upgrade for an Apex MTX.
I have several years been thinking that i will change tunnel on my Apex MTX because the oem runningboards s***!
About a year ago BetterBoards came to Apex, i installed them and that made the runningboards much much better, but it's been annoying that the coolers covers almost whole openings in the back and about half the openings in the front of the runningboards, and in real deep cold snow the openings have still been covered, so this year i made some changes.

In this pic i cut a couple already, to the left is some uncut openings, they are cut as i had last winter with BB and cooler = about half the actual opening of the BB.
10fro1d.jpg

In this pic i cut the runningboard and put the BB in place.
2ikyzut.jpg

In this pic is the perimeter coolers and how it's attached to the tunnel.
21mayyh.jpg

In this pic is the double pass u-cooler.
2eok844.jpg

Now i need some snow so i can test if it's got any better :).

You don't need snow...It's going to be way better....Very nice job!!

BC.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
It have to be better,,,,
I have left to trim the runningboards, behind where the perimeter coolers turn up.
I know the runningboards going to have less snow buildup,
I expect cooling to be increased.
Hope snow arrives soon, and plenty of it.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
only one more, waiting for some stuff so i can finish it off, it's a long way from USA :(.
but soon i will take some "posing shots" on the whole deal :)

5me4p.jpg

Premium Features