• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Polaris Prices are Up...

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I thought this was worthy of a new post. Website is slow as expected.

Cool black and silver color. My sled is $11599. Not great but not as bad as the Ski-Doo's.

attachment.php

Last edited:
B

bam530

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Corn field
I thought this was worthy of a new post. Website is slow as expected.

Cool black and silver color. My sled is $11599. Not great but not as bad as the Ski-Doo's.

Wait till they have their new EPA compliant motor and the prices will be more like the doos. Pro RMK 155= 11599 Summit X 154=12049

Last edited:
M
Feb 5, 2008
MN
$11,899 for a 800 Pro RMK 163?! I'll pass this year, even tho the reviews have been by FAR good, i'd still like to hold off a year and let you guys be the guinea pigs!:face-icon-small-ton

So is the only difference between the Pro RMK and regular rmk the handlebars and shocks or?..

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Ummm.....does that track look oddly familiar to anyone ??? :face-icon-small-dis I have a bad feeling about that track....been there done that! That track design belongs on a "FAIL" poster! :der:
...other than that, NICE SLED!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Ummm.....does that track look oddly familiar to anyone ??? :face-icon-small-dis I have a bad feeling about that track....been there done that! That track design belongs on a "FAIL" poster! :der:
...other than that, NICE SLED!

yep..first thing I would change..2.5 camo x..well a 3 if they have some by then....

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Only thing is about the price they say snowcheck price. Usually snowcheck price is lower than retail. So I am not sure what Polaris sites actually means with they say snowcheck price. I also couldn't find any promos other than color and electric start. Usually they have warranty, accessories, or money off the price of the sled type fo snowcheck promos. Lets just hope the site isn't completely up to date yet and they will have some good discount promos.

Klutch

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
I didn't think prices were to bad. Tunnel still looks weak. Looks like it might be beefed up if you choose the shorter vesrions of the assault. Real dissapointed with the assault track options. You don't get the coil over rear suspension in the shorter versions, just the 155. Would like to see it in a 146 with a better track and coil over. The 155 assault is nice, no tunnel stiffeners tho, and the track is garbage in that length. Went to a camo extreme on mine and made a huge difference.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Would like to see it in a 146 with a better track and coil over.

that is probably a coupled suspension. Most of the trail beater guys like a coupled skid. That is why you arent seeing a coil over on that sled.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
That tunnel is not weak.
There is more metal on that tunnel than Polaris has every used before.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I agree with Scott.. the new running board edges and the new steering pyramid make the the tunnel much stronger and the new drop brackets are more robust as well.

Could someone break it...yes... there are guys on here that could break an anvil!!

Will 99.9% of the users have any problems... nope.

I had Allen Mangum, owner of Timbersled jump up and down with both feet on one side of the PRO-RMK running boards repeatedly... he weighs in at 250 with gear...we were TRYING to bend the boards/edges... no luck.. the boards took the abuse.

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
Yes the prices are up from last year, However think about it this way..... In the past we would say that it cost close to $100.00 per pound of weight loss.

So in order to lose 40lbs of weight on the past sleds it would cost you close to $4000.00

T
Nov 9, 2008
observation

The doo is only $150 more than a rmk and you get a lot more technilogical engine and when you compare an assult to a ski doo X the same applies outside of a great looking sled you would think the engine could be more improved, when doo went from carbed HO to etec on there 800s its a $800 increase in the price look whats happening to the price of ther 800 HO sleds now, imagine the price of the poo if they had a 2012 compliant engine now it woud be $12400 I think waiting might be a good idea, consider this if you buy know and if in 2012 they come out with a cleaner more compliant engine the value of a 2011 could go in the tank if there engine issues do not go away, this is just my obeservation I wish all who buy a new poo the best of luck but I think I will opt for a XP

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
The doo is only $150 more than a rmk and you get a lot more technilogical engine and when you compare an assult to a ski doo X the same applies outside of a great looking sled you would think the engine could be more improved, when doo went from carbed HO to etec on there 800s its a $800 increase in the price look whats happening to the price of ther 800 HO sleds now, imagine the price of the poo if they had a 2012 compliant engine now it woud be $12400 I think waiting might be a good idea, consider this if you buy know and if in 2012 they come out with a cleaner more compliant engine the value of a 2011 could go in the tank if there engine issues do not go away, this is just my obeservation I wish all who buy a new poo the best of luck but I think I will opt for a XP

U a Ski-Doo dealer? ;)

M

Motoman

Dec 31, 2007
franklin, id

wow where did you come up with all that???
Skidoo FINALLY came up with something other than carbs, but I wouldn't call it "more technilogical" Polaris, Cat, and yamaha have had some type of fuel injection for several years now. Also where did you get 150 more for a skidoo. The freeride which I would compare to the pro is 13349 vs 11599. Thats 1750 not 150 and that sled weighs 489 which is 58 pounds heavier. By the way the new 2011 800 IS 2012 compliant according to the polais engineers that I rode with a couple of weeks ago. Even if your comparing the summit x at 12049 for the 154 that is 450 more than the pro and 1050 more than the rmk which is probably the closer model to compare and it is still 453 lbs (22 lbs heavier than the pro and 13 pounds heavier than the rmk)

Not trying to bash on Ski-doo, just want to keep the facts straight. Again, the 2011 pro RMK is 2012 compliant. FYI

Also, Polaris is offering 1000 trade cash to switch to a 2012 next year for those of us that are willing to snowcheck a "first year sled" What do you get for trying out the totally new unproven e-tec?? Just curious???

B

bam530

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Corn field
Since you can not buy a IQR long track then polaris does not have a comparable sled to the freeride. the freeride is a RS chassis just longer. And it has 160+hp. Blast away, but ski doo is saying 155+ for a reason and the early dyno's say 160+. Polaris says gobs of power??????? Ski Doo then will say gggooobbbs of power. Also the new Ski Doo's have to be EPA compliant since they are forsale to the public. Drill away.

M

Motoman

Dec 31, 2007
franklin, id
so I'll say it again...compare the rmk to the summit x
1050 difference in price and doo is heavier.
Like I said, I'm not trying to bash anything, but to "assume" makes an a$$ out of u and me. No one has any idea what the prices of the 2012 sleds will be.
bty, polaris is offering the Assult in the 155 this year right?

Premium Features