• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

looking for a can

R
Mar 9, 2009
i'm trying to decide whether i should get a can or not for my 05 summit 800. anybody got any good ideas? also do you always have to rejet the carbs if your buying a can or is that just for a full exhaust/can setup?

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
i'm trying to decide whether i should get a can or not for my 05 summit 800. anybody got any good ideas? also do you always have to rejet the carbs if your buying a can or is that just for a full exhaust/can setup?

For your sled i recomend the HPS can...best one made..I have them in stock $275 shipped...BJ

S
Jul 22, 2009
Wendell, MN
i Have a 04 summit x 800 and i run a mbrp race can and love it i have a buddy that has a snow stuff it is cheep and sounds ok but you have to repack them about once a year. my can sounds VERY nice, you loose some lbs and i never have had to change anything on it so i love my mbpr race can!!

Kerb

J
Nov 28, 2007
Lake Tahoe and Chicago
alaska.....

cans only changes sound....will give you such a little hp gain and when it gets to the track is lucky if its 1 hp. if you want sound mbrp are pretty loud and sound healthy. hps is pretty mellow but still sounds good. I can take a dump right before i sled and save wieght too.

dont have to mees with jetting on cans....none that i know off....

myself i pocket the 3oo bucks, take a healthy dump before i ride and your 300 bucks more in the pocket then the next guy, plus you can still hear your tunes while you ride....

Last edited:

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
ive owned a MBRP, CPI twin stinger, and now i have a jaws. out of those 3 the jaws is the loudest, but they all have a good sound.

Premium Features