• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

POLZINHUNTER's Rider Select Delete for the 2005 RMK Kicks Azz

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
G

GBCB

Nov 19, 2008
Crested Butte, Co
Put it on

Finally put it on in this Fall after last years purchase. Really nice add on. I cut up an ensolite camping pad to fill the void. Thanks for the love.:D

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Well I FINALLY got Kreg's rider select delete kit put on my 05 today and all I can say is WOW!!!!!

Totally removed ALL side to side and front to back slop in my steering post, exceeding my expectations!:beer;

As has been mentioned I had to remove my tank being its an 05 and the screws are installed into the rider select from the bottom and that was a pain, but aside from that it wasn't bad at all...

A+ craftsmanship there Kreg, I can't believe I waited this long to remove the stock plastic piece.

:beer;:beer;:cool:

Last edited:

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
Already part of my summer mods.
Quality parts...that's for sure. :hail: If you don't have it, you need it!!!

Now....patiently **(HINT)**:madgrin: waiting for 06 Billet chaincase covers and SS braided cooler hoses.:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-hap

P1000716.jpg P1000717.jpg

Last edited:

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I was just reading over this thread since this is on my list of things to buy and was wondering if the steering posts ever got made?

If not does anyone still make the 05 without the joint in it? I was going to get one from Timbersled and by the time I got around to order it they didn't have them anymore.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
zane..

nope the Timbersled are the only ones that were made for the 05 900s. i have one that i have been sitting on for a long time, that i am gonna stick in this month hopefully.

they were something like $300-350 when they were new i think...

but i bet it wouldnt take much for a skilled machinist to match them and make something similiar... but i it would depend on many people would even consider buying them.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
zane..

nope the Timbersled are the only ones that were made for the 05 900s. i have one that i have been sitting on for a long time, that i am gonna stick in this month hopefully.

they were something like $300-350 when they were new i think...

but i bet it wouldnt take much for a skilled machinist to match them and make something similiar... but i it would depend on many people would even consider buying them.

Would it even take a machinist? A skilled welder should be able to fab up a steering post. Is the top on the Timbersled the same as stock or does it use a pivot riser?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
here is the timbersled post in their chassis...

pretty sick setup. very light, but very pricey if you get theirs.

if you have the skills to fab one, by all means do it. i would even add some rise it in if i was to do it myself.

hope that helps.

its a nice fit with the Polzin delete kit. ;)

timbersledsteeringpost.jpg

D
Apr 12, 2015
Interior Alaska
PolzinHunters Rider select delete

Are there anymore of these kits around? Or could they be made to order?
I have a 2005 RMK that could really Benifit from one. Riding in Alaska last season had the factory select pop down a few on a landing, no wreck, but hard to do anything when your legs get pinned. Thank you for any info

Premium Features