• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 wheel kit help

A
Dec 1, 2012
Plain, WA.
Ok I've decided to order the 2 wheel axle for my 800 from slp I want to keep the three wheel just incase, I have heard that u can delete bogie wheels when u do this mod to reduce weight and make side hilling easier. Like most I still have to do a bit of trail riding to get to the pow so which wheels can I remove. I already run scratchers. Any help would be appreciated.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Any weight lost by removing bogey wheels is insignificant. You can lose snow weight by polishing the inside of your tunnel, and punching more holes in the track. You can lose 10 lbs of snow by doing that.

A
Dec 1, 2012
Plain, WA.
Not looking to drop weight

I'm not looking to drop weight but make sidehillung easier so just need to know what bogie wheels I can drop
Any weight lost by removing bogey wheels is insignificant. You can lose snow weight by polishing the inside of your tunnel, and punching more holes in the track. You can lose 10 lbs of snow by doing that.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
the bearing are heavy, every bit counts!
when your skid is out inspect the hyfax closely. it will show you where your bogies are needed, and where you could probably do without.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
The set that sits just in front of the rear idlers, would be the ones to remove. The front idlers occur at a bend in the sliders so it would be less desirable to remove those.

Premium Features