• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track lug depth for an '02 rmk

S
Nov 27, 2007
Minneapolis,MN
So i have had an '02 rmk for about 8 years now and when i got the thing it had a 156" 2" 2.52 track on it. Well since i was not riding it out west at the time i sold it and put a 1.25" ripsaw 151 on the sled.

Quite a few years have gone by now and my main riding partner has a new truck and just decided to buy a '09 summit so we will be heading back to my first love...THE MOUNTAINS!

I am looking at a 159" 2.125 2.52 series IV polaris track...mainly because i can buy a brand new one pretty darn cheap.

My question is:

1. How deep of a lug can i put on her before changing out the drivers?

2. If i go with the 2.125 how far am i going to be behind if my partner is riding a 2.5 154 16" wide track

3. Is there really any advantage to be putting different drivers on spending 2.5 times as much for a 2.5 track?

Keep in mind i have to keep switching back and forth from my mountain set-up to a flatland set-up

Last edited:
B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City

It will fit with stock drivers. You will have to take the chain case off and stick the drive shaft in the track and then in the holes in the tunnel and put the chain case back in. Not enough room to clear the drive lugs and get the shaft in. You may have to run it pretty tight because when you back out of the throttle it will want to ballon up and rub the tunnel. The series IV are good in the loose powder so you may be pretty close to your buddy.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I would try to get a newer 2.4 in there if you want to hang with your friend.
you can search for an older one off an early dragon thats the same as your stock pitch and cut it down to 2.25" to fit around the stock drivers, or just change to 8 tooth drivers, in which case run 4 of them if possible.
or get a newer 2.86 pitch and run two inside no-slip drivers, 8 tooths might do it.
even an old cat 2.25" with 3" pitch drivers would work well.

S
Nov 27, 2007
Minneapolis,MN
Thanks for the responses. I decided to go with the 2.125 just because of the cost factor.

I got a camoplast 159" 2.125 for $225 and the thing has a 100 miles on it and i got it local so no tax or shipping.

For now i am happy with the shorter lug and maybe later i will swap out drivers and all that good stuff but looking for cheap as possible rite now.

I should be fine keeping up since he is running a 800r with a rtek 860 big bore but he will be running low compression heads and i wil be running my performance edition kit 800 with mountain heads so power wise we are gonna be close and he is running a 16" wide 155 2.4 i wont be at much of a disadvantage

Premium Features