• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Code 6 (servo motor) on m7,please help!

C
Mar 20, 2011
So i just put a bar riser on for me a guy i know pretty good whos a mechanic did the throttle and brakeline extensions just thought i would put that out there incase the throttle extension might have anything to do with it. Anyways i took it for a little test drive was running good then took it out yesterday 10 mins up it started bogging and had no power i just stopped for a bit looked under the hood and its the servo motor code. So my question is do you guys think its a easy fix ? Could it just be a loose wire, or would it be the servo motor i will have to replace ? Also could the throttle extension have anything to do with it ? Also we did clutching (doubt that would affect it) and the sled has 3300 miles just so you guys know. Who has had this code before what did you do is it a hard fix ? Please help i need it running by sunday !!! Thanks

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Most of the time you just need to pull your exhaust valves and clean then AND adjust your cables properly.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
first off i'd make sure your ev cables are still on the servo, my buddy had the same code and it was that his cables popped off the servo. that being said his cables were probably out of adjustment or valves were dirty which probably caused them to come off . there used to be some posts explaining how to check/clean them so maybe a quick search could find ya some info .

C
Mar 20, 2011
I tried a search didnt get much i also tried a search on google no real good results. The cleaning im not worried about i can do that i already went over it with some guys just didnt get to it before my trip. I was hoping/thinking its either dirty valves,loose wire, or wire came off. If a wire came off do i just put it back in the hole and tighten up a screw or something ? Also how do i check to see if there at the right specs for measurement ??

C
Mar 20, 2011
Thanks i didn't see that one. You also could have worded your search differently. Ill try do this asap im really sick right now, when i get to it if i have questions ill post in the thread again. Thanks guys !!

Premium Features