• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has anyone used the LCD screen for Power Commander fuel controllers?

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I was looking on the Power Commander website and I see there is an LCD screen available that shows a tremendous amount of data that plugs right into their fuel controllers. I like the idea of being able to visibly switch back and forth between fuel maps while riding. Has anyone used these screens? Are they worth investing in for our sleds?

The PC III uses the LCD-100 and the PC V uses the LCD-200. They both retail for $299 but, you can find them new on E bay for $250ish.

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/Products/LCDUnit/powercommander_lcd.aspx

Easy Removal, Mounting and Programmability

The unit can be removed easily from the bike and programmed with a desktop computer. Maps can be downloaded, stored and the data viewed with the supplied software. As new functions, screen and features become available the unit is “user upgradeable” using the supplied USB cable and free downloads available in this site under downloads and map downloads.

Connect LCD Unit to Wideband Commander (Power Commander III USB Only!)

The new LCD Unit can easily be connected to the Dynojet Wide Band Commander. via a Harness cable. This cable is a replacement for the standard LCD cable which enables the user to connect to a Wide Band Commander. With this cable connected the LCD is able to display actual air/fuel readings and any accessory input connected to the WBC.

Power Commander LCD-100 Unit Features

• Can be connected to Power Commander III usb and/or Wideband Commader units
• Convenient touch screen
• View live channel data: RPM, TP%, duty cycle, fuel change, ignition change, & Air/Fuel Ratio (w/Wideband Commander connected)
• Display map position with hub
• Calibrate TP s
• Adjust fuel trims – Low – Mid – High
• Able to store multiple maps and send them on the fly to the Power Commander (requires user supplied SD card, 1gb max)
• Quick Shifter configuration
• USB programmable, and upgradeable
• Comes with Display File Manager software

Power Commander LCD-200 Unit Features

• Can be connected to Power Commander V, WideBand2, AutoTune, CMD and CMD Marine units
• Convenient touch screen
• View live channel data RPM, TP, map position (when using map switch), duty cycle, fuel change, ignition change & Air/Fuel Ratio (w/WB2 or AutoTune connected)
• Adjust fuel trims – Low – Mid – High
• Able to store multiple maps and send them on the fly to the PCV* and CMD Marine units (requires user supplied SD card, 1gb max)
• Log data information
• Play back logs in the LCD as well as view them in Excel and other programs
• Able to see gear position and wheel speed
• Calibrate TP%, Speed, Gear, Analog input configuration for boost, engine temp, etc
• Performs the WideBand2 sensor test
• Adjust Lambda Smoothing
• USB programmable, and upgradeable
• Comes with Display File Manager software
•* will not send SFM maps

General Power Commander LCD Unit Features

• Displays all Power Commander data "real-time"
• Allows storage & swtiching between multiple maps
• Data loggin capable (Requires SD Memory Card, must be purchased seperately)
• "On Screen" map adjustments
• User comfigurable screens
• USB programmable & upgradable
• Active Matrix TFT LCD 240x320 16 bit color screen

S
Dec 6, 2007
i use one and love it,the data logging is good,but also use to add or subtract fuel from my fuel maps like a boondocker just got that part figured out 2 days ago,can add to low mid or high rpms and you can set the rpm range you concider low,mid and hight ex 0-5000 low 5000-6800 mid and 6800-8000
high can add up to 20% works great if you need a little more or less fuel in a certain range on the hill, also have my tach,tp and duty cyle of my injectors
showing so i can tell if im maxed out with the injectors as well as fine adjustments later with throttle positions

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Thanks Slomo, you certainly can't be the only one using the LCD screen. I really like the idea. I was watching my EGTs bump close to 1400 degrees in the mid range the other day and thought I need to add more fuel to the mid range. This LCD screen would be a great way to do so. Do you have a PC III or PC V?

Last edited:

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
I run pc 5 with wideband o2 and LCD screen. The only way to get full advantage of the powercommander. I pretty much do the same as mentioned above. With the o2 and a can to can cable Autotune is also option with the screen if that's something you are interested in. I use mine more for datalogging and o2 sensor. The ability to carry a multitude of maps is also very nice along with the new addition of the ability to field tune are also very good features.

D

dubbs

Dec 8, 2007
Calgary ab
How quick is the screen? Do you guy's find it is a bit slow on cold days and how does it mount? Any cool custom brackets to post pics of?

I run a PC 5 with auto tune and have a switch to either run the auto tune or power my AEM A/F gauge.. The auto tune and the A/F gauge both use the same sensor so I can just flip the switch and swap plugs and run whatever I decide. Wish I could save trims or make map changes on the trail though..

Would be the cats meow if I could get power commander software on my blackberry playbook and connect with that in the back country... Any guru's got that working?

S
Dec 6, 2007
Thanks Slomo, you certaily can't be the only one using the LCD screen. I really like the idea. I was watching my EGTs bump close to 1400 degrees in the mid range the other day and thought I need to add more fuel to the mid range. This LCD screen would be a great way to do so. Do you have a PC III or PC V?
pcv im not sure if you can use in field fuel adjustments with the pc iii

Team Pigeon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2006
Pass Creek, BC.
I think I'm gonna order one of these aqua boxes for the LCD. Looks like the medium and large would work. I haven't tried it but I think there will be enough room for a hand warmer for cold days. If anything, it'll keep the moisture/snow/ice out of it.

http://www.gpscity.ca/aqua-box-mount

Who's got a screenshot/map for airfuels? I seen a few out there but haven't heard what's running right.

donaldej

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Corvallis Oregon
I have the 100 on a pc3. You can change maps, i don't know if you can change the 3 ranges from it but you can change them on the pc3 by pushing the 3 buttons as soon as the sled starts. I have a separate AFR that i watch, if it goes out of range i can look at the 100 and it gives me the rpm and the Throttle Position so i know where to tweak my map, I think this is the really big advantage it gives you. Also the 100 tells you what the map is currently set at for the instance. I have not ever noticed it be slow in the colder weather. I like idea of a waterproof box so i can leave it on all the time. I will order one of those.

offroadmatt

Lifetime Membership
Feb 16, 2008
Sweetwater, CO
I'll I can say is don't waste your money on just the screen. Buy it with the Wideband kit. I bought just the screen at first. But having the ability to monitor everything but AFR just wasn't cutting it. I'm still very very new to the whole thing. But being able to see the AFR along with TPS and RPM while logging is very very nice.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Afr sensors burn right out on mine in about 4 rides . i'm running race gas so thats not a option for me. i do have a new pcv but not installed i want the ability to adjust a little bit if things are not quite right so would it be worth it to get the lcd 200 for me do you think? Oh currently i have 14.5 head ported cylinders speedfall apart pipe and y. attitude controll. i do not have afr egt or stock guages.

D

dubbs

Dec 8, 2007
Calgary ab
Afr sensors burn right out on mine in about 4 rides . i'm running race gas so thats not a option for me. i do have a new pcv but not installed i want the ability to adjust a little bit if things are not quite right so would it be worth it to get the lcd 200 for me do you think? Oh currently i have 14.5 head ported cylinders speedfall apart pipe and y. attitude controll. i do not have afr egt or stock guages.

Maybe you have your sensor mounted a little too close to engine? You can make a heat sink if the sensor is exposed to too much temp should be able to find instructions on that easy on the net.. I ran 110 the last couple seasons and had one AEM (Bosch) sensor work perfectly for me that whole time..

I think the AEM/ Bosch combo is the moneyshot

S
Jan 28, 2011
Upper Peninsula
I'll I can say is don't waste your money on just the screen. Buy it with the Wideband kit. I bought just the screen at first. But having the ability to monitor everything but AFR just wasn't cutting it. I'm still very very new to the whole thing. But being able to see the AFR along with TPS and RPM while logging is very very nice.

Would I get everything the widebamd o2 does if I get the autotune?
Thanks, Brad.

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Buy the wideband kit with the screen and then if you want Autotune buy a can to can cable. It's much easier to improve your maps by datalogging and making small adjustments then to use Autotune though.

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Auto tune is not the answer for 2 strokes it will help with any 6500+ rpm hiccups if you can be steady enough on the throttle, but the screen with data logging is the way to go it tells you everything the powercommander sees and then the correlating afr, so you can look at a computer screen instead of focusing on a 2" screen trying to see what's going on. And then tune from there.

2005m7

Nov 7, 2010
This is how i mounted my screen. You can see while riding and it doesn't get covered in snow.
IMG_0422.jpg

Premium Features