• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Koso EGT gauge off by one hundred degrees

sniffone

Lifetime Membership
Sep 26, 2011
I am new to running egt gauges. I am running one on my m7 with a bikeman 800 BB. Bikeman built the sled for me and installed it for me. I am running boondocker controller. But my egt gauges are running one hundred degrees off from one another through out the whole temp range up to full temp. mag side is the cool side. Any help on where to start trying to tune the temps in closer thanks. And i am also running BDX 50 mm throttle boddies and boyessen 50mm reeds and bikemans single pipe set up.

boone

Premium Member
May 27, 2007
Crazytown!!
First I would check your probes to make sure they are in exactly the same locations. 1/8 inch in any direction can make quite a difference. Then as RACINSTATION said...trim it 1 to 2 points in all ranges to even them out.

Boone

Check plugs and wash and see if the color is in your temp range, Make sure both probes are same depth in the Y-pipe and same distance from piston skirt. On my M1000 my temps are within 10 degrees of one another all throughout the powerband. On my rev they were off by 30 degrees. 100 degrees seems like a lot. As stated above, use the trim option on your box to trim it out.

sniffone

Lifetime Membership
Sep 26, 2011
Thanks everybody for your help but I decided to go with power commander V with auto tune and LCD screen.The PC is so much easier to use and tune, than the boondocker box. Bikeman helped me out with the PC they would rather run tha PC box any way. I have there 800 BB kit in my 2005 M7 with 50mm throttle bodies and 50mm boyessen reeds, timbersled intake, bikeman full exhaust,TSS 10.4 driven clutch,bikeman clutch kit,koso egt gauge, 183HP at the crank, 2000'elev.
I have the boondocker box for sale with the nitrous synergy series adjustable regulator with one 4lb carbon bottle and 2 3lb alu bottles on the boondocker 2 bottle mount. with the handle bar swith and LED light. I got the injectores mounted on timbersleds air filter pods and the mount comes with it.I will post pictures of it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Premium Features