• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to change battery for MFD....

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
Well I didn't find anything in the manual about changing the MFD battery so looked on the online parts @ Polaris and it showed the battery was part of the MFD so I wasted about an hour. Went to take the headlight access over off, then left the headlight on and took the MFD off which took most of the time depending on how big hands you have. (getting off wasn't too bad but getting the screws threaded back on was a pain and for some reason my headlight didn't want to come off)

So when I got the MFD odd I opened it up and wasn't able to find any battery. Turns out it is on the wire harness that attaches to the MFD. Oh well, now my MFD display is nice and clean now :)

So to change the battery all you have to do is take the headlight access cover off. Then unhook the harness to the MFD where you will find on the harness a lil rectangle black plastic cover tie-strapped on the harness where the battery is located inside.

It is a round 3V battery #CR2032 which I had a spare for my truck remote start. It is like a watch battery but bigger.

Hope this helps out other 900 owners when there clock starts to reset every time you start the machine like mine did. A few minute job for me turned out to be an hour learning the hard way.

Edit---Forgot to add that the clips to take the harness off the MFD are on the back when hood is open so you cannot see them.

Last edited:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Excellent thread!!! Thank you for sharing your experience:beer;

Added to the "How To" thread for future reference.

F

f15ejedi

Oct 6, 2008
Anchorage Alaska
Well I didn't find anything in the manual about changing the MFD battery so looked on the online parts @ Polaris and it showed the battery was part of the MFD so I wasted about an hour. Went to take the headlight access over off, then left the headlight on and took the MFD off which took most of the time depending on how big hands you have. (getting off wasn't too bad but getting the screws threaded back on was a pain and for some reason my headlight didn't want to come off)

So when I got the MFD odd I opened it up and wasn't able to find any battery. Turns out it is on the wire harness that attaches to the MFD. Oh well, now my MFD display is nice and clean now :)

So to change the battery all you have to do is take the headlight access cover off. Then unhook the harness to the MFD where you will find on the harness a lil rectangle black plastic cover tie-strapped on the harness where the battery is located inside.

It is a round 3V battery #CR2032 which I had a spare for my truck remote start. It is like a watch battery but bigger.

Hope this helps out other 900 owners when there clock starts to reset every time you start the machine like mine did. A few minute job for me turned out to be an hour learning the hard way.

Edit---Forgot to add that the clips to take the harness off the MFD are on the back when hood is open so you cannot see them.

That has been driving me nuts since I bought this sled. Thanks, good thread!

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
If you are already there seal it up good with a little silicone paste etc. They tend to hold condensation and rust/lose contact. Marked it with another color tape also.

Premium Features