• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Pro RMK track swap question/idea.

S

snow4me

Dec 22, 2007
Hi all, planning on snowchecking a new 2011 Polaris but have a problem. I am buying this sled for riding the U.P. off trail and backwoods primarily. I love the Pro RMK but am worried about the 155 and 2.4 lug track surviving any trail riding needed up there. Is there a shorter lug track that would make some trail riding possible? My other option is the Switchback 144 with the 2 inch track but it doesn't get the coil over suspension, light weight brake, narrow front end, gripper skis and other goodies I like in the RMK. Any suggestions? Thanks.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
You are right...the 5.1 is terrible on hardpack. Like a rear wheel drive car on snow. Fish tails and doesn't hook up (just not what the track is for). Sounds like the Switchback is the ticket for you.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Hi all, planning on snowchecking a new 2011 Polaris but have a problem. I am buying this sled for riding the U.P. off trail and backwoods primarily. I love the Pro RMK but am worried about the 155 and 2.4 lug track surviving any trail riding needed up there. Is there a shorter lug track that would make some trail riding possible? My other option is the Switchback 144 with the 2 inch track but it doesn't get the coil over suspension, light weight brake, narrow front end, gripper skis and other goodies I like in the RMK. Any suggestions? Thanks.

talk to your dealer..be willing to bet he will swap tracks for free...giving you a 2 in for the 5.1...I dont care for the 5.1 in our snow, dealer already said he would credit me 450 for the 5.1 so I could throw on a camo extreme when its new....

S

snow4me

Dec 22, 2007
Not what I was hoping to hear. Tracksusa mentioned running a Challenger Powder Max 2" but said I'd either have to punch it for the center driver or turn down the fingers of the center driver on a lathe. Still open to suggestions. Thanks.

S

snow4me

Dec 22, 2007
talk to your dealer..be willing to bet he will swap tracks for free...giving you a 2 in for the 5.1...I dont care for the 5.1 in our snow, dealer already said he would credit me 450 for the 5.1 so I could throw on a camo extreme when its new....

There's an idea. Didn't see your second post till now.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Just buy the stocker and trim the track 2.1" and insert deep set screws per a million posts on such things on this website. It's the best all around track option bar none for that sled. The results work better in all setup conditions and don't handicap it at all in the event that you end up in super deep powder. Is there a better trail only option? Yep but the cut track is not bad at all on any trail other then solid ice where you require picks. You can haul the mail and not throw lugs as well. This is the result that Polaris should offer as a stock option but the consumer is too entralled with lug depth to realize how much performance is lost due to windage and paddle durameter for this limited HP output.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
Not what I was hoping to hear. Tracksusa mentioned running a Challenger Powder Max 2" but said I'd either have to punch it for the center driver or turn down the fingers of the center driver on a lathe. Still open to suggestions. Thanks.

or just cut the center drive out. that's what i did on my 09. like rob says, just cut the existing track down and screw it. cheapest, best all around option.

Premium Features