• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MBRP v.s. HPS

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Who has what on their 900's? Looking at both and am wondering how everybody likes the fit and finish along with the sound of the can? Never seen what the MBRP looks like (Hint Hint: Highmark lol) so don't know the size of it compared to an HPS. Let me know what you think.

-Nolan

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I'm not a big fan of either can... Both are too loud for me....So are lowered Honda Civics with 6" exhausts.

I prefer the Skinz Super Q or Ultra Q or the SLP... Healthy soud, drops weight and won't make you deaf.

My $0.02

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
I have the MBRP and love it....it is very small and has a great sound. Many of the people I ride with say they know when Im coming though!!!! I really dont think its that loud for the rider on the sled though....

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
I should add the fit and finish and "chrome" apearance of the can are very nice as well....

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Nolan..

I am running the CPI can/SLP pipe combo...used to have the SLP can..never cared for the SLP sound..but it was better then some...

anyways..i LOVE the CPI can and it sounds deep, throaty and awesome..

the fit was good, but i had to seal the joint from the can to the pipe and the bracket that holds the can to the chassis (next to the brake rotor) broke off the can..dont know when it broke off, but never affected anything, and the can is still very sturdy..still sounds great..and the dual stingers look killer..

my .02

H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA
I have the MBRP and love it....it is very small and has a great sound. Many of the people I ride with say they know when Im coming though!!!! I really dont think its that loud for the rider on the sled though....

That's about the same as my situation, it's not overly loud to me when riding but others tell me it is. Guess I should have a friend ride it around to get a different perspective.

Who has what on their 900's? Looking at both and am wondering how everybody likes the fit and finish along with the sound of the can? Never seen what the MBRP looks like (Hint Hint: Highmark lol) so don't know the size of it compared to an HPS. Let me know what you think.

-Nolan

I had a MBRP can on my old 2005 RMK 900 and they are rather small and EXTREMLY LOUD, I had to put ear plugs in because my ears would ring after half an hour, but they sound good and I did not notice any bog and it did not rust after 2500 miles and looks good. I have no expeirence with HPS nor have I seen one. MM.

Dec 20, 2007
Brookings SD
I have a MBRP and they are loud especially when you get the right side out of the snow. I don't know if I would run one again with the loudness and all but I believe they run better with less exhaust resistance and cooler under the hood.

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
I have a MBRP and they are loud especially when you get the right side out of the snow. I don't know if I would run one again with the loudness and all but I believe they run better with less exhaust resistance and cooler under the hood.

You brought up a very good point that I failed to mention. When you lay a 900 with a MBRP down on its lefts side, exposing the right exhaust side....you can definitely hear that they braaaaaaaaaaaapppppppppp......or so I'm told:eek:

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
I ran both (MBRP and HPS) on my 05 900 until the SLP pipe/can kit went on. I liked the HPS can a lot better and the sled ran better with it, much more quiet also.

Premium Features