• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

98 powder special 600-belt and clutch ???

F
Sep 1, 2008
HAVRE,MT
I just picked up this sled today, new to me. The wife will hopefully enjoy it. Anyway- As I was cleaning the sled up, I noticed the belt that is on there is a 0627-010- the 2 new spares are 0627-020-
I have no book on this one-can someone help?
What is the diff on the 2 belts???

Also looking more closey on the primary clutch- after I got some grime off, I did find about 5 to 6 very small -almost looks like stress cracks about 1/8 to 1/4 " down by the eng side , very close to the bottom of the inside sheave.

Is this something to worry about at all???

Frozen North

ps/ I did see some flakes today!!!

B
Dec 3, 2003
Cashmere, WA
I don't know the difference between the two belts, but I know the 020 is the belt for the PS. As far as the cracks, I had a few on my last clutch and I have a few on this newer clutch. Maybe just little cracks from heat and cold? Monitor the cracks to make sure they don't get bigger. On my last clutch, they stayed the same size althrough the season.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
The 010 is the same as the 020 just a softer compound.
Atleast thats what I've been told.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
The softer compound of the 10 grips without as much spring force, but is not a good belt to use on a mountain sled. It is made for lower HP sleds on the trail. Use the 20. Take the clutch apart and check the bushings and rollers. They were short lived and needed to be replaced quite often. Either that or look for a good buy on duct tape for the hole in the belly pan where the clutch parts went though!

Premium Features