• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim Helmet

medicman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Spokane
Anyone have the new klim helmets and how do you like or hate them.. Any thoughts...Thanks

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Been out with mine 4 or 5 times already this year ...

It's been great, I really like it. Contrary to the popular belief, the vents really don't soak your head. If anything they clog with snow and don't allow any more air or snow or anything in. I've been pretty dry with them thus far.

I wear a generic face mask with it and it works fine.

Thus far the only issue I've had is the 509 goggles don't really fit that well with it....I have to horse my face mask around a bunch each time after putting the helmet on in order to negate wind with those goggles ... I'm probably gonna switch back to the Scott Turboflo goggles to use with it.

Overall I've been really happy with it though.

V

Vboost

Nov 26, 2007
NW Montana
I have the Klim F4, On cold days riding down the trails to get to your play area's even with the windstopper liner your head will get cold, but boondocking it's a different story, with all that ventilation you don't sweat and your head stays warm. The black fins on the three intakes on the back of the helmet will brake off if while boondocking your helmet comes in contact with tree branches and stuff.. I super glued one back on. overall I like the helmet...

Last edited:

Untamed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
McCall, ID
I have been out 4 times with my Klim and it worked well... Less sweating for sure. I tried out my Arai the last time I rode and definatly noticed the heat issue. Just had to try it again to be sure. It seems to not fit quite as good but maybe its not broke in yet! Scott 89 xi's seem to work awesome they cover all area inside the helmet. If you have the nose piece in just pull down on the bottom of the nose piece to adjust the fit to your gogs if it feels like they are to high.

Last edited:

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
I have the Klim F4, On cold days riding down the trails to get to your play area's even with the windstopper liner your head will get cold, but boondocking it's a different story, with all that ventilation you don't sweat and your head stays warm. The black fins on the three intakes on the back of the helmet will brake off if while boondocking your helmet comes in contact with tree branches and stuff.. I super glued one back on. overall I like the helmet...

they sell extra black fins... and yes i have decided that i will replace them come summer after removing the middle one 2 times...

The helmet is too cold IMO. Coming back the other night at -5 degrees i couldnt do more than 20 mph cause my head was freezing. I have the gortex liner in and wear klims balaclava. Might have to start double bagging the head... :face-icon-small-sho

anyhow anyone that thinks the vents clog with snow need to check out boondockers 5 this fall... some of the deepest snow i have ever ridden in this year and the vents have yet to clog with snow like people are saying

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
- my head is always dry
- i have three diffrent pairs of goggles that do not fit well, Klim should of tested this, this is BS if you ask me
- the cheek pads fell much better now, pretty tight the first few rides
- now the damn helmet is loose and moves a bit in the bumps
- the plastic fins on top are junk, a small gust of wind will break them off, but no and i mean no snow accumulates and makes it rain on your head, this is jsut more interent blah blah blah from folks who do not own the helmet

all in all, this helmet is great for minimal head sweat.......but the fit is lacking (goggles/Cheek pad)

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
I like mine for the most part.
Cheek pads are too tight, and hurt my ear lobes.
You can tell it moves some air while traveling down the trail, but I dont feel its to cold. Maybe my head creates more heat...?
I have not broke anything yet, knock on wood.
Cant wait to see how it performs this summer as well.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Evanston Wyo
- my head is always dry
- i have three diffrent pairs of goggles that do not fit well, Klim should of tested this, this is BS if you ask me
- the cheek pads fell much better now, pretty tight the first few rides
- now the damn helmet is loose and moves a bit in the bumps
- the plastic fins on top are junk, a small gust of wind will break them off, but no and i mean no snow accumulates and makes it rain on your head, this is jsut more interent blah blah blah from folks who do not own the helmet

all in all, this helmet is great for minimal head sweat.......but the fit is lacking (goggles/Cheek pad)

Nothing is going to fit that medicine ball on top your shoulders!:)

Premium Features