• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Raptor V1-RC

T
Sep 10, 2009
Yes, I rode them this spring on the days the video was shot. Seeing Keith and Matt's reactions once they rode the sled equipped with the kinetics made me stoked to try them myself. There is a significant difference between the regular raptors which I have been running for years and the new kinetic series.

The regular raptors are still great shocks as we all know, but these feel as if you are going from stock shocks to raptors when you go from regular raptors to the kinetics.

I rode them in spring like conditions in Seeley Lake, MT. The biggest smile they put on my face is how in control they make the sled while charging through nasty trails on the way into the ridding spot. I was able to push harder than I could with my regular raptors. The ride was plush, but never bottomed and kept the sled straight through the moguls. Off trail they soaked up anything that I would encounter on a sidehill. This made if effortless to ride because I could keep the line I wanted no matter what ice ball, old rut, etc. that was in the way.

Last edited:

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Curious about them as well. Mostly about what has changed from the previous generation that makes them supposedly so much better. Riding a set of "old" Raptors that had 500 hard miles on them vs. the same shock on a fresh rebuild and re-set the sag can make someone say the same thing.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
MSRP pricing is $750ea for IFS shock and rear track shock, and $545 for the front track shock.

Fitment will be:
Pro RMK's R.E.A.C.T and standard front ends, Switchback Assault, RMK SKS 146, RMK SKS 155, and the Skidoo Renegade (IFS only.)

Raptor is planning on having a very limited amount of Kinetics available for Haydays.

Last edited:
T
Sep 10, 2009
Curious about them as well. Mostly about what has changed from the previous generation that makes them supposedly so much better. Riding a set of "old" Raptors that had 500 hard miles on them vs. the same shock on a fresh rebuild and re-set the sag can make someone say the same thing.

In short, the new valving technology allowed raptor to tune the valving for different zones without compromising ride quality in other zones - plush ride with no bottoming.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
In short, the new valving technology allowed raptor to tune the valving for different zones without compromising ride quality in other zones - plush ride with no bottoming.
Yeah, that is normally a tradeoff you have to make is for someone like myself who goes from tree riding to 100' jumps on a fairly regular basis. You either get used to ripping stiff shocks in the woods or bottoming out on the bigger hits. Compliance early in the stroke for the woods ripping and strong bottoming resistance is a big deal. Be curious to get some miles on them.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT

I get that, but I'd want to see and understand how the new tech works before shelling out the money for them. Internal bypass, needles, secondary valving piston like a PDS KTM shock, fancy check balls on the pistons, something new we've never seen before? There just hasn't been any info released other than "they're way better" (not saying they aren't). Hopefully after hay days Raptor will let some more details out. To be fair Fox hasn't released much info on their new handlebar-adjustable shocks either. Other than SnoWest says they're cool and cost $4k for a full setup.

Last edited:

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Just call raptor and talk to jake. I called today and he answered all my questions.

T
Sep 10, 2009
I get that, but I'd want to see and understand how the new tech works before shelling out the money for them. Internal bypass, needles, secondary valving piston like a PDS KTM shock, fancy check balls on the pistons, something new we've never seen before? There just hasn't been any info released other than "they're way better" (not saying they aren't). Hopefully after hay days Raptor will let some more details out. To be fair Fox hasn't released much info on their new handlebar-adjustable shocks either. Other than SnoWest says they're cool and cost $4k for a full setup.

I can only give you my experience on riding them. I can't speak for Raptor on how their internal bypass is designed, but I know the guys over there would be excited to chat with you or anyone about them!

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
I was strongly looking into buying Raptors and then seen they were releasing the Kinetics. Needless to say, I ordered the Kinetics at Haydays. I can't wait to get some seat time on them. I'm really curious how much better they'll be than the walker clickers that came on my 16 axys pro. The best shocks I've had were needle clickers on my 15 SBA and they were noticeable better on the front of that machine.

Premium Features