• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost leak at injectors on tnytro

C

cbouton

Jan 6, 2013
Soldotna, AK
This season I built a cheap boost leak tester to hook into turbo intake and use compressed air. My turbo is mpi 180 kit turned up to 10-12psi with headshim and larger injectors 450cc. When I turned the compressed air on until my boost gauge was reading 15 psi checked for leaks and found some small leaks in the charge pipe and bov seal, and the odd part was a large leak at all three injectors seals. The injectors look like they have a small plastic c clip that goes into the seal and has a small gap in it and that is where the air is coming from on all three. Is this normal or should I replace all the injector seals?

C

cbouton

Jan 6, 2013
Soldotna, AK
Problem solved after further investigating and talking with others turned out the last dealer that worked on my sled put the whole wrong injector seals in that didn't fit down in the seal recession. Replaced with correct seals and no leaks now.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Nice to here that some dealers still live up to the quality we all have come to expect from them. Glad to hear you got the issue figured out

Premium Features